Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No C+ seats on the CRJ-200s?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: Delta-PM, HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Explorist, Hertz - Presidents
Originally Posted by MEMLawGuy
I am 6'5" and hate these planes with a passion.
I'm 5'7" and HATE these torture-tubes...... Row 2 Aisle is where I try to land if I'm forces on a 200.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: Delta PM, United Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I don't have much choice. DL uses CRJ-200s exclusively at my destination airport. AA or UA would mean longer trips with the last segment on a little airplane too. The alternative would be driving for several areas, probably in snow, which isn't fun either.

I'm expecting both of the RJ flights to be full. There isn't much chance of an empty seat. At this point, my only preferred seat choices are 2A or just about anything in the exit row. There aren't even many/any regular "white" seats available on the seat maps. I assume that there might be two seats in the first row being blocked for special needs passengers that I might be able to grab during OLCI or at the gate.

I have flown a lot of CRJ 200's out of MSP. I usually grab 1B/1C or 8B/8C. I have flown in a CRJ from SLC-PSP on three trips last summer, a CRJ200 for an 1HR 45Min is not fun, especially no WIFI. Down side to 1B/1C are overhead bins tend to get Flight Crews bags along with Oxygen tanks and other safety items.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Originally Posted by mudpuppy
Here's what I've settled on after a few years of taking at least one CR2 flight per week:

I usually take 2B or 2C. As these are preferred seats you're more likely to have a seat open next to you. 1B and 1C are fine if you don't need much overhead space, but the overheads above these seats are often taken by the FA and/or are blocked due to oxygen equipment in them.

I don't like window seats on the CR2s because (1) the windows are so low you have to scrunch down to see out of them--the line of sight is better from the aisle, and (2) the curvature of the fuselage intrudes on your foot space on the window side. Granted, the trade off in the aisle is you get bumped by every single person walking by.

If 2B or 2C aren't available I usually go back to the exit row, unless I have a short layover and want to be closer to the boarding door. I also try to check the seat assignments shortly before boarding and switch to any seat that would have an open seat next to it.
That's my approach as well. With the caveat that if all you have is a small carry-on (and I mean small, like a purse or case for a tablet, not a briefcase) you could probably get away with row 1 since you can probably scrunch it in between the FAs bags. I wish FAs didn't stash their stuff right up front where the bulkhead passengers need it the most but in my experience about half of them do just that.

Most people gatecheck on 100/200s so I almost never have trouble with space for my bag unless I'm in row 1, even if I'm one of the last people on board.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
My preferred seats on CRJ100/200 are row 2 aisle or exit row (8) aisle. There is no really good seat on the plane except one with an empty seat next to it.

I always use a duffel bag as a carry on so it will fit in the overhead. My laptop bag goes under the seat.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
All seats on a CRJ-200 are C+.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by iflyalexair
All seats on a CRJ-200 are C+.
I remember one time a pilot announcing "we hope you enjoy the all first class service from *insert FA name* today, welcome aboard."

Service on 50 seaters is usually pretty good. I guess the FA knows that we're all in this together, so if she's happy, maybe everyone else will be too.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by dc9flyernwa
Actually exit rows are pitched at 32" with the rest of the plane at 31"
I think they just make the exit seats 1" shorter. There is very little padding on these seats.

I'm amazed that the OP has never been on a CRJ200 to know that there are no C+ seats on this aircraft.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jrl767
or < gasp! > perhaps even another airline for this trip ... although the likelihood is that anyone else will also be flying CRJs or ERJs as well
Delta's 2015 Annual Report came out today and showed a total of 176 CR2/E-145 aircraft across all DL Connection carriers as of 12/31/15. Everything bigger is a multi-cabin F or J, Comfort+, and coach config: more than 1,100 two-cabin aircraft in total across mainline DL and DL Connection.

Look for the AA and UA reports in a few days. They will likely show 2x or more the single-class aircraft count that DL has. Neither has made (AFAIK) announcements to use two-cabin aircraft on domestic routes of 750 miles or more, as DL did five years ago.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:49 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Traveller
I think they just make the exit seats 1" shorter. There is very little padding on these seats.

I'm amazed that the OP has never been on a CRJ200 to know that there are no C+ seats on this aircraft.
Pitch is defined as the distance between a point on a seat to the distance to that same point on the seat behind it. Shortening the seat by 1" does not affect the pitch. Making seats thinner does not affect pitch, but moving them closer together does affect pitch.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
I fly on these once a month or so. You just need to man up for the duration of the flight. First row or exit row is the best. Only the smallest tumi fits in the overhead or a smaller backpack everything else gets pink tagged.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by nikitta28
...everything else gets pink tagged.
Except my duffel bag.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I fly on these once a month or so. You just need to man up for the duration of the flight. First row or exit row is the best. Only the smallest tumi fits in the overhead or a smaller backpack everything else gets pink tagged.
As a CVG flyer, I see 50 seaters quite frequently, even to MSP(!).

AA also has a ton at DCA, so I've become quite used to them. After a drink or two, your uncomfortable seat becomes more bearable.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
Originally Posted by Howste
Except my duffel bag.
That gets the blue tag
Old Feb 7, 2016, 4:43 pm

That gets the blue tag
Actually it has an FT tag.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 6:18 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
C stands for "comfort." Something impossible in a CRJ200. Probably a federal crime to even use that word in conjunction with the plane. May even be a crime against humanity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.