Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Medallion Credentials (2016)?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2016, 11:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SeaClay007
I just checked and I have four: Wine, Beer, Bourbon, Bourbon. In that order...
Those are my four too, but I don't have tow "bourbons" in a row. Are you sure they're not scotch or even Irish whiskey?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 11:55 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by NewYorker545
Written on the beverage voucher: "Enjoy one cocktail, beer or wine split while onboard".

What does "split" mean?
A split usually means one of those tiny bottles of sparkling wine. Here I assume that it means a tiny bottle of wine, usually half of a half bottle (187 ml?).
Old Feb 3, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by Siscim23
Doesn't the app not let you log in unless you have an internet connection? I've even had trouble with this while connected to gogo. Wonder how they'll handle that.
Can't you download them (before flying) from your DL app wallet to your iPhone wallet, which doesn't need Internet access once such items have been transferred. I keep my platinum card, SkyClub card, and relevant BPs there. I don't know about the android equivalent.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:05 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
Can't you download them (before flying) from your DL app wallet to your iPhone wallet, which doesn't need Internet access once such items have been transferred. I keep my platinum card, SkyClub card, and relevant BPs there. I don't know about the android equivalent.
It works in Android as long as the app remains "active" i.e. it's ok to go to some other app via the home button or the app switcher, as long as you can switch back to the Delta app while it's still in a logged in state (I tested this just now with my phone in airplane mode).

But if you ever make the mistake of tapping < or Back enough times to cause the app to exit, the next time you do anything it will want to login first and then you're hosed w/o Internet access.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Pull one up on the ground and swipe your screen so you have a screenshot of it
Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Diamond
If they're going to put these things in the Wallet, they should be accessible when they are needed. It's not acceptable that we are required to come up with workarounds.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
A split usually means one of those tiny bottles of sparkling wine. Here I assume that it means a tiny bottle of wine, usually half of a half bottle (187 ml?).
Thank you!
Old Feb 3, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: Delta PM, AA Gold, United Silver, SW A List, Bonvoy Titanium
I received my DM credentials back in September when I hit it for the first time, so I have the actual hard copy coupons (which I will certainly never remember to use).

However, I do have the spot in my online profile for Vouchers with the pleasant note that:

"You do not have any Available vouchers at this time

Reaching Medallion® status brings lots of benefits, including drink
coupons for Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Medallion members."

Thanks, Delta, for making me feel special.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
Has anyone tried using one of these vouchers in the lounge for "premium drinks"?
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Siscim23
If they're going to put these things in the Wallet, they should be accessible when they are needed. It's not acceptable that we are required to come up with workarounds.
Especially since these coupons would mostly come in handy for flights on 50-seaters, which don't have Wifi. I wonder how much Delta is saving by not printing paper drink tickets anymore. It had better be a lot.

I also just talked to an agent about the status of my packet. She said that all were delayed until the start of February in case people decided to buy MQMs to up their status level. Nice move Delta.

Last edited by KDCAflyer; Feb 11, 2016 at 8:52 am
Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by NewYorker545
Written on the beverage voucher: "Enjoy one cocktail, beer or wine split while onboard".

What does "split" mean?
DL wines are split between "bad" and "very bad."
Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
DL wines are split between "bad" and "very bad."
That's good!
Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:33 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by WWads
I also just talked to an agent about the status of my packet. She said that all were delayed until the start of February in case people decided to buy MQMs to up their status level. Nice move Delta.
I received mine in the mail yesterday.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA PS, VX, Natl EE, Hertz PC
Moving to digital coupons may cut down on paper and printing, but it also makes it harder to hand out all of your unused ones like candy. I can only imagine that they are pleased about this.

I guess you could still screenshot and send to friends, but nothing like hand picking people you like in the gatehouse
Old Feb 11, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by inthecloud
Moving to digital coupons may cut down on paper and printing, but it also makes it harder to hand out all of your unused ones like candy. I can only imagine that they are pleased about this.

I guess you could still screenshot and send to friends, but nothing like hand picking people you like in the gatehouse
I always give the ones I want to give away to the FA to use on the first pax to order drinks. I'd feel uncomfortable trying to judge who is "worthy" at the gate, haha.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.