Search

When could gauge be upgraded SDF-ATL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2015, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, National Executive
When could gauge be upgraded SDF-ATL

Hi,

I am an SDF-based flyer and DM with Delta. Our morning bank here is typically 3 MD-88 aircraft to ATL that, when I've been on any of them, are usually pretty full.

What is next largest plane that could fly this route, would we ever see 752 on a regular basis?

Similar sized cities get 752 (RIC for example) but they may be a larger market all together.

Thanks,
John

Last edited by air1jdg; Nov 19, 2015 at 1:59 pm Reason: spelling
Old Nov 19, 2015, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by air1jdg
What is next largest plane that could fly this route, would we ever see 752 on a regular basis?
MD-90 or 738, No.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM
I can't imagine anything bigger than 737. I have been on a DL 757 out of SDF on Derby Day but can't see it being used on a regular basis.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 6:45 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
I used to be based in Lexington, KY before moving to Dayton, OH a few months ago. I am a DM who flew weekly out of LEX. Got to know the gate agents really well. Todd and Barry are awesome!! Anyway, they had mentioned a few times to me that they had heard that Delta was going to consolidate the LEX-ATL flights(which was 1 MD88 and several CRJs) to one 757. It would really impact flight time choices, but I dont know. As of earlier this year, it hadnt happened. I havent flown out of LEX in many moons.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.