Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need more miles to book trip

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2015, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Need more miles to book trip

I am about 8,000 miles short of the cost in miles for an upcoming trip to Europe I'm looking to take. Other than purchasing the miles (which would be about $300), is there any way to get this number of miles?

I've already signed up for the Amex Delta card (last year) and canceled before the annual fee dropped this year.

I don't have any hotel points. I have a lot of Citi Thank you points which seem to be pretty much useless.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Old Nov 19, 2015, 11:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You might be able to transfer AmEx Membership Rewards points to DL miles, but the AmEx points are more valuable.

I'd suggest just buying the miles from DL. Do it now, before your award availability (which I hope you have checked carefully) vanishes.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: Now MGM/Hyatt/IHG Gold Previously: DL DM, DL Reserve, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLAT, M Life PLAT, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You might be able to transfer AmEx Membership Rewards points to DL miles, but the AmEx points are more valuable.

I'd suggest just buying the miles from DL. Do it now, before your award availability (which I hope you have checked carefully) vanishes.
or a different level of DL Credit card like if you had Gold, get Platinum?

I believe by what i heard is that those are consider different product but remember amex term now is once in the life time bonus only >,< but with DL miles worth less and less...... lol
Old Nov 19, 2015, 12:24 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Do you have any miles with SPG? You can do a 1:1 transfer to DL, even get 25k for 20k SPG points.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 12:39 pm

You could eat a lot at participating restaurants.

https://skymiles.rewardsnetwork.com/howitworks.htm

If you still had a Delta Amex, Pay With Miles would be an option to pay with miles and dollars and earn MQM.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: Now MGM/Hyatt/IHG Gold Previously: DL DM, DL Reserve, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLAT, M Life PLAT, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by JayTeaBee
Do you have any miles with SPG? You can do a 1:1 transfer to DL, even get 25k for 20k SPG points.
OP said no hotel points
Old Nov 19, 2015, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by woodchuck

If you still had a Delta Amex, Pay With Miles would be an option to pay with miles and dollars and earn MQM.
with a trip to Europe, pay with miles may be way higher price to pay then one-way award or round-trip...
Old Nov 19, 2015, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by woodchuck

looked more into your link and forgot to mention that they have this 3k bonus miles offer if u have not joined the dinning rewards yet and for $30:

https://skymiles.rewardsnetwork.com/bonus.htm

you get 3,000 miles just for spending $30 at participating restaurant
Any level of Medallion will earn 3,500 after $30

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.