Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paid upgrade question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2015, 3:07 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by 355F1
Only fare available is C.

They want €7k for a one-way CDG-LAX with a dummy booking. LoL
If you try to price a one-way, it will not show Z fares, as these are always roundtrip discounted fares. Most Z fares can be combined with an Economy fare. Try pricing your itinerary on ITA with your outbound in Economy and the return specifically in Z.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 9:01 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, IC Amb
Originally Posted by SDQBound
If you try to price a one-way, it will not show Z fares, as these are always roundtrip discounted fares. Most Z fares can be combined with an Economy fare. Try pricing your itinerary on ITA with your outbound in Economy and the return specifically in Z.
Called DL.

They can upgrade to Z on this flight for $1,800. Cheaper than buying a normal TATL fare but still a little too much for me. I would pay up to $1k for an upgrade on an 11hr flight, for sure. I guess I'll just have to try and get lucky and try and get a DoD departure.

I only paid $650 RT for this PHX-LAX-AMS-ATH-CDG-LAX-PHX MR mini-vacation, but I always try to upgrade at the airports on all of my cheap MR fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.