Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Price drop - possible to get anything back?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2015, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Booked a return JFK - LHR about 5 days ago on Delta.com, the same flights are now $175 cheaper.

I know they do a price guarantee if you find a cheaper price within 24 hours but couldn't find any information if it's after.

Is it worth calling them or is it just tough luck?

Feels like when I wait to book a flight the price goes up, when I book it fast it goes down!
Old Nov 18, 2015, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by aldino
Booked a return JFK - LHR about 5 days ago on Delta.com, the same flights are now $175 cheaper.

I know they do a price guarantee if you find a cheaper price within 24 hours but couldn't find any information if it's after.

Is it worth calling them or is it just tough luck?

Feels like when I wait to book a flight the price goes up, when I book it fast it goes down!
Nope. Think of it like this, if the price goes up do you offer to pay DL more?

If it's more then the change fee you could rebook it, and get the fare difference minus change fee back.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 8:01 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
If the price change is more then the $200 change fee, you could cancel and rebook minus that fee. IE if its now $250 cheaper, you could change it and net $50 back.....but thats about all you can do
Old Nov 18, 2015, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Change fee on JFK-LHR is likely $300, not $200.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
If the price change is more then the $200 change fee, you could cancel and rebook minus that fee. IE if its now $250 cheaper, you could change it and net $50 back.....but thats about all you can do
This is international... change fee is likely much higher. Also, you have to be careful with the credits from international flights and the restrictions on what they can be used for (i.e. fare same or higher) as there are often nasty surprises buried in the fare rules.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 8:12 pm

What about purchase protection from his CC?Not sure if flights typically qualify.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by whoknew89
What about purchase protection from his CC?Not sure if flights typically qualify.
Usually tickets of any sort don't qualify.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 10:38 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by LBJ
Change fee on JFK-LHR is likely $300, not $200.
Originally Posted by javabytes
This is international... change fee is likely much higher. Also, you have to be careful with the credits from international flights and the restrictions on what they can be used for (i.e. fare same or higher) as there are often nasty surprises buried in the fare rules.
My mistake

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.