Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767

The assumption is that SC members are paying for access to lite bites ona buffet. Don’t want to speak for others, but I pay for an SC membership for 1. immediate access to GAs during IRROPS; 2. better chances of a work space with power; and 3. free booze/coffee and snacks. SCs have come along since the days of goldfish crackers and bad coffee. I’ll continue the membership as long as the first two items are provided. Anything on top of that; including the the improved offerings is a bonus.

Im also fairly confident that DL will roll out a D1 SC a la Polaris and Flagship lounges eventually which would be more in line with your VS experience to stay competive with UA and AA.
The UA Polaris lounges are truly very impressive!! It would be awesome if Delta were to offer a product to compete with them.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10

Great lunch spread in SEA the other day. Chicken tikka masala, white rice, Ivar's clam chowder and cheese curds were the highlights
wow that looks fantastic !
Do they always have ivars chowder at sea sky club?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Was at the LAX T-3 club last night around 5pm. The second club has helped some with crowding though it's still very busy.

The food was, IMO, very good. The had four salads: a veggie pasta salad, a Brussels sprouts & apple salad, a kale & veggie salad and a greek cucumber, tomato & feta salad. In addition to this, there was a taco bar, with beans, beef, cheese, salsas, etc. There was also the build your own pho soup and a butternut squash soup. And, in addition to this, there were staff walking around taking orders, quickly cleaning tables, and, towards the end, a guy pushing a cart with mini cheesecakes and sparkling wine.

While the physical club is still not great, they really seem to be making up for it by going above and beyond with soft product and customer service. Good for them, it was a great experience.
IndyHoosier and MarkP24 like this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Was at the LAX T-3 club last night around 5pm. The second club has helped some with crowding though it's still very busy.

The food was, IMO, very good. The had four salads: a veggie pasta salad, a Brussels sprouts & apple salad, a kale & veggie salad and a greek cucumber, tomato & feta salad. In addition to this, there was a taco bar, with beans, beef, cheese, salsas, etc. There was also the build your own pho soup and a butternut squash soup. And, in addition to this, there were staff walking around taking orders, quickly cleaning tables, and, towards the end, a guy pushing a cart with mini cheesecakes and sparkling wine.

While the physical club is still not great, they really seem to be making up for it by going above and beyond with soft product and customer service. Good for them, it was a great experience.
I was at the smaller of the two T3 clubs the other day and found the service amazing, also. They had some pad thai-esque noodles and asian meatballs for dinner, which was the best food I've had at a SkyClub.

Last edited by USCTrojan83; Oct 12, 2018 at 1:49 am
Old Dec 16, 2018, 3:00 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Somewhere an Old Italian Grandmother is having an involuntary shiver

AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
The vat of hotdogs at ATL B is definately odd. Swing and a miss.

Just do the fake grilled chicken and meat balls. It's easy and not that bad.
pvn likes this.

Last edited by KDCAflyer; Dec 17, 2018 at 2:24 pm
Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
I was in ATL F today for lunch, they had delicious Pad Thai, a Japanese chicken curry dish, along with the buffalo chicken w/blue cheese soup, chicken noodle soup, pimento cheese, and two types of holiday desserts. Also with the usual suspects of Mac and cheese, meatballs, and the rest. Very impressed.
Certainly makes DTW still look second-rate, even after all their “enhancements” to their food area...
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:07 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
I'd be thrilled if they had the WIcked Thai Chicken Soup every day. And the fact that it is just a canned Chunky Soup does not detract from its greatness.
https://www.campbells.com/campbell-s...getables-soup/
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
And, in addition to this, there were staff walking around taking orders, quickly cleaning tables, and, towards the end, a guy pushing a cart with mini cheesecakes and sparkling wine.
Black bald guy in jacket and tie? He does this all the time. Very classy. Sometimes it's cheese. Other times it's desserts. They've started doing it in Honolulu too.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:22 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Black bald guy in jacket and tie? He does this all the time. Very classy. Sometimes it's cheese. Other times it's desserts. They've started doing it in Honolulu too.
slc had this both times i was there recently, first time ive seen it
Old Dec 17, 2018, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I see the cart/tray service in ATL in various clubs (mostly B, E, and F) pretty commonly, as well as having seen it a few times in JFK T4 in addition to those mentioned. In ATL, it varies in my experience between say a Bloody Mary cart some mornings, to some type of hors d'oeuvre or dessert either on a cart or tray in afternoons/evenings, and then often just associates asking if they can get patrons without a drink/food or with an empty, something or another which is nicer than simply clearing the empties.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 11:56 pm

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
LAX Tacos

OMG!!!! to die for! Had them three times the last 10 days. Wonderfully flavored meat, a little salty, well seasoned. Taco wraps a little sticky, so I pass and just make it a plate (paper). Lots of great sides, pico, tomatillo, others I don't recognize, and cheese! Soooooo good!

Today the little sign said beef, I swear last week was pork. Either way, yum! I'm already addicted.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 6:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by sky303
then often just associates asking if they can get patrons without a drink/food or with an empty, something or another which is nicer than simply clearing the empties.
Yes, it's nice. I normally just respond with water when asked because I'm a calorie-counting Coke Zero addict and I'm always afraid they will accidentally pour me Coke. I can't tell the difference, unless it's Diet Coke.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
The other day in ATL some of the SC's had the Jalapeno Pimento Cheese. Glad to see the comeback of the pimento cheese and I certainly hope around early April they have some wonder bread next to it.
KDCAflyer likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DCFinanceinFlight
The other day in ATL some of the SC's had the Jalapeno Pimento Cheese. Glad to see the comeback of the pimento cheese and I certainly hope around early April they have some wonder bread next to it.
The kind with the "real" shredded cheese in it? I miss that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.