Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

"Seat assignment has been changed due to seat duplication"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Seat assignment has been changed due to seat duplication"

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2015, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by kettle1
FAM. That must be it. OP has two seats together on the upper deck. It happens. At least 5-6 flts a year my seats are changed because of FAM's. There is nothing you can do about it and the airline will not disclose the reason why you are being moved.
Do you get notified via email like I did? I'm guessing it's a form letter. And what's up with the extra spacing?

Dear Mr. Yohanson,

We understand the importance of providing pre-assigned seats for our customers and try to honor all seat selection requests. However, seat assignments are not guaranteed.

For your upcoming travel, your seat assignment has been changed due to seat duplication. We have done all possible to accommodate you in a similar seat. Please review your new seat assignments in your reservation on delta.com.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any further questions, please contact Delta Air Lines at 800-221-1212.

*******THIS IS AN AUTO-GENERATED EMAIL. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE*******

Sincerely,

Delta Air Lines
Old May 24, 2015, 10:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by yohanson
Do you get notified via email like I did? I'm guessing it's a form letter. And what's up with the extra spacing?

Dear Mr. Yohanson,

We understand the importance of providing pre-assigned seats for our customers and try to honor all seat selection requests. However, seat assignments are not guaranteed.

For your upcoming travel, your seat assignment has been changed due to seat duplication. We have done all possible to accommodate you in a similar seat. Please review your new seat assignments in your reservation on delta.com.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any further questions, please contact Delta Air Lines at 800-221-1212.

*******THIS IS AN AUTO-GENERATED EMAIL. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE*******

Sincerely,

Delta Air Lines
I have never received an email like this. I was told at the airport. Good luck and safe travels.
Old May 24, 2015, 11:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My impression is that FAMs are normally assigned to flights very close to departure. Maybe it could be a VIP causing FAMs to be assigned early, or it could simply be VIPs who want the OP's seats. Still, it's hard to see a big difference between the old and nes seat assignments.
Old May 25, 2015, 12:11 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
OP has two seats together in the same row on a 747 Upper-deck. If OP wants something more - contact DL Customer Care.

If that is not enough contact:

Chief Executive
Richard Anderson
CEO
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
1030 Delta Blvd
Atlanta, GA 30354-1989
404-715-2600
[email protected]

If you are pissed off with any other USA Carrier here is the links:

http://consumerist.com/2007/07/18/9-...-contact-info/
Old May 25, 2015, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
I called the DM line to ask what the deal was and told the woman that there was no way I could have had a duplicate seat assignment for 2 months and 10 days. She immediately said that she can't move someone out of that seat. I told her that we were moved out of those seats. She continued the "I can't move someone out of those seats" line and I continued to say that there was no way that we were in duplicate seats for 2 months and 10 days. Then she said there may have been an equipment swap. I replied that it's still a 744 and that no other Delta aircraft has similar seating. She then turned into a ---- type and got very hostile. She offered to move me to the lower deck. I said bye and hung up.

Last edited by Canarsie; Jun 14, 2015 at 2:35 am Reason: Attempt to bypass the profanity filter.
Old May 25, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: DL PM / SPG Gold
I called the DM line to ask what the deal was and told the woman that there was no way I could have had a duplicate seat assignment for 2 months and 10 days. She immediately said that she can't move someone out of that seat. I told her that we were moved out of those seats. She continued the "I can't move someone out of those seats" line and I continued to say that there was no way that we were in duplicate seats for 2 months and 10 days. Then she said there may have been an equipment swap. I replied that it's still a 744 and that no other Delta aircraft has similar seating. She then turned into a ---- type and got very hostile. She offered to move me to the lower deck. I said bye and hung up.
It just doesn't matter why you were moved. You were moved. What do you want from Delta at this point? If it's an explanation, you've been given one. If it's your original seats back, you can't have them. Do you want different seats that are available? Do you want compensation?

Delta doesn't owe you an explanation. They do owe making you happy in your flight experience (IMO), but you haven't told them what they can do to make that happen, other than something that they are unwilling to do.

Until you can articulate what they can do for you, your unhappiness is on you.

David

Last edited by Canarsie; Jun 14, 2015 at 2:35 am Reason: Removed now-deleted quoted content.
Old May 25, 2015, 9:48 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by dgilman
If it's your original seats back, you can't have them.
Why not?

I have never understood if Delta can move me, why can't they move somebody else? Seriously.

David
Old May 25, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
I purchased this flight on March 14, 2015 and used my GUCs the same day to put my son and I into seats 74A and 74K. I've now been moved to 79A and 79K. I say there is no effin way I was in a duplicate seat for 2 months and 10 days! Thoughts?
There's nothing particularly desirable about row 74 vs the other rows, I don't see why a VIP would demand them. Why couldn't you have been in a duplicate seat for 2 months? We all know how often Delta IT screws up.
Old May 25, 2015, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL DM
I can't fathom all of the drama over a few-row seat swap. You are in the same class of service on a relatively short international segment. I wish my life was as quiet as the OP's so that this stuck out as such a traumatic event.
Old May 25, 2015, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by bubbashow
I can't fathom all of the drama over a few-row seat swap. You are in the same class of service on a relatively short international segment. I wish my life was as quiet as the OP's so that this stuck out as such a traumatic event.
You could have stopped after the second sentence, and it would have been a reasonable post. Why the gratuitous insult in the 3rd sentence?
Old May 25, 2015, 2:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Wasn't it Shakespeare who wrote "Much Ado About Nothing?" Seriously, OP, why is this such a big deal to you?
Old May 25, 2015, 2:05 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Just curious - is row 79 less desirable on the upper deck than 74? I have my first flight on the reconfigured 744 coming up (I've always been on the 764/763/777/aircrap) and the consensus seemed to be that 77 was pretty decent.
Old May 25, 2015, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL GM, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by jimrpa
Just curious - is row 79 less desirable on the upper deck than 74? I have my first flight on the reconfigured 744 coming up (I've always been on the 764/763/777/aircrap) and the consensus seemed to be that 77 was pretty decent.
They are right next to the stairs between the upper/lower deck and the rear galley. Might be slightly louder and potentially a bit more traffic, but that's about the only difference.
Old May 25, 2015, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Wasn't it Shakespeare who wrote "Much Ado About Nothing?" Seriously, OP, why is this such a big deal to you?
The only big deal was talking to the phone agent. She was making things up and had a bad attitude. I don't like being lied to.
Old May 25, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL DM
The only big deal was talking to the phone agent. She was making things up and had a bad attitude. I don't like being lied to.
I often find in customer service interactions that the customer service employee projects a great reflection of how they are treated by the customer. Seriously...7 hours of your life...in a lie flat seat. relax

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.