Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL extends offer to give 2,500 SM if bags are not delivered within 20 min. to baggage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Link to automated claim form: https://www.delta.com/bags/bagsClaimAutomation.action

Post away DL crediting 2500 miles.
Please list the date, arrival time, and airport and when your bags made it.
  • Sample: 2/23/15 MDT 3:15 PM 28 minutes
Print Wikipost

DL extends offer to give 2,500 SM if bags are not delivered within 20 min. to baggage

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2016, 5:32 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
I hope DL keeps this program in place for a while. Just started checking a bag (I almost never have in the past) and it has been rewarding so far.....
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:54 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I had hopes last night at RDU when I saw my claim had a ATL flight, two LGAs and my MSP flight. Even so, MSP bags were out in 16 minutes. I still have not made any miles off this offer
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:58 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by CMK10
I had hopes last night at RDU when I saw my claim had a ATL flight, two LGAs and my MSP flight. Even so, MSP bags were out in 16 minutes. I still have not made any miles off this offer
The last two times I checked bags, it got really close to 20 minutes and I thought I might get my first 2500s and then each time my two bags were in the first 5 onto the belt, almost as if they knew
Old Jan 11, 2016, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Delay in bags coming out at JFK late night just after new year's. The announcement was made, and I filed a claim and got 2500 miles. This despite the fact that I was on a reward ticket.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL PL, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, National Exp
On 1/3, in BHM the first three bags were out in 14 minutes. Then the belt jammed. It was another 16 minutes before the rest of the bags came out, so 30 minutes after landing. The nice thing about BHM is they have these huge monitors with the flight arrival time on them, and the current time along the bottom. I just kept taking pictures Didn't realize had to file in 3 days. I filed on the 4th day, the online form, fully expecting a denial which I was prepared to rebut. Didn't have to, though, 2500 miles deposited within a couple days.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Just went to RDU and they are always late there. I submitted my claim that night and my coworker did the next day. His bag came out first and then mine. I got my 2500 miles the next day and he was declined for some reason.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Yeah, I've checked a few bags since the offer and still haven't made anything either... they always come out right around like 18 minutes or so.

Still, I'm happy to get my bag quickly.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Eddie98
Just went to RDU and they are always late there. I submitted my claim that night and my coworker did the next day. His bag came out first and then mine. I got my 2500 miles the next day and he was declined for some reason.
You and I must fly to different RDUs. I live here and the longest I've waited for my bags since this promotion is 16 minutes. Sometimes my bag is out in 12 minutes.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:23 pm

Tried it at FLL last Friday. Figured a full 757-300 would give me a good shot. First bag came out in 11 minutes, my bag without a Sky Priority tag was about the 10th out. Still no luck for me and I've tried at AUS, RDU and FLL now.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Has anyone asked for the 2500 miles recently in the situation of an international to domestic connection (all DL operated and DL marketed on DL ticket stock) where the bag goes through customs and is rechecked at the port of entry, then arrives more than 20 minutes after arrival of the final domestic segment?
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:33 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
then arrives more than 20 minutes after arrival of the final domestic segment?
I would expect this to be treated as a domestic flight, but you never know what kind of excuse they might use...
Old Jan 19, 2016, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Flight yesterday, shuttle BOS-LGA. Ding at 9:08, got to baggage claim and the sign said bags from my flight would be there at 9:30. Was looking forward to 2500 miles, then my bag showed up at 9:18.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 2:38 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
You and I must fly to different RDUs. I live here and the longest I've waited for my bags since this promotion is 16 minutes. Sometimes my bag is out in 12 minutes.
I will see what happens in 3 weeks when I go back to RDU. I want to be 3 for 3
Old Jan 19, 2016, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Flying into BNA, got off the plane at 9:44, bag came out at 9:52. I want to be mad about still having gotten 0 miles from this promo, but honestly I'm just happy that I am getting my bags so quickly.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL DM/1M, AA Gold, Hilton LTD
Yesterday, I called up for my 2500 miles when my bag took about 35 minutes to get out of the conveyor at PHL; DL1895 landed at 11:43am from ATL.

The Delta app normally seems to track the bags nicely, but I noticed the app didn't report the bag was unloaded off the plane, even as I received it. Sky Priority bags didn't seem to be the first ones. Sure enough, the miles are in the bank as of this afternoon. Five minute phone call from the rental car.

Tried it at FLL last Friday.
From experience, PBI has more leisurely baggage handlers; although you might pay a bit more to get there instead of FLL, and have less inbound/outbound options.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Formulanone; Jan 19, 2016 at 4:41 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.