Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rollover finally posting

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2015, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Nothing here yet... my first flight this year was on the 6th and that posted promptly.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Ebes1099
I don't understand how it makes any difference for these people, they have their status from last year that's still good through the end of Feb. I would think it would have to be an extremely rare occurrence where a late rollover would cause someone from missing a few days of status. (Someone who didn't hit diamond but rolled over 49k miles and somehow flew 75k miles in the first couple weeks of the year and will hit DM with rollover.)

BTW - I'm US based, GM, no rollover yet. Last name starts with an E (those seem to be the data points people were giving last year)
I agree it's probably rare, but another scenario is an FO that rolled over 20k, but has high early-year Amex spend (taxes, annual insurance, whatever), and one or two int'l trips. Someone like that may be relying on the rollover to get them to GM sooner rather than later.

I might even argue that a situation like that is more likely than the PM trying for DM. Heck, there may be people on here who even planned things that way.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
Originally Posted by indufan
The "Rep" doesn't have any clue about this sort of stuff.
Meh, it's was the reserve CC person. She seemed fairly articulate about it. All I care is that at some point they show up.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by gooselee
I might even argue that a situation like that is more likely than the PM trying for DM. Heck, there may be people on here who even planned things that way.
Thanks to MQD indeed now MQMs can be made go further through simple smart planning.
E.g. even if you have 100,000+ MQMs, keep MQD under $5000, so you only get FO, only lose 25,000 MQM, and roll over the rest. Then in the first two months of next year get the MQD waiver through AmEx and voila, qualify for PM or DM for the next two years through last year's MQM rollover (which wasn't wasted on qualification the last year, as you kept the MQD number low, by, for example, flying non-006 tickets, so still getting MQMs but keeping MQD under control).

That is the one positive aspect of MQD + MQM combination, that MQMs can be strategically rolled over vs. prematurely used up for qualification, thus getting more benefit out of it and one year wasting only 25,000 MQMs, then early next year using the rest to qualify for the next two years.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
My roll-over showed up today.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Exactly:-)

Originally Posted by RealHJ
Thanks to MQD indeed now MQMs can be made go further through simple smart planning.
E.g. even if you have 100,000+ MQMs, keep MQD under $5000, so you only get FO, only lose 25,000 MQM, and roll over the rest. Then in the first two months of next year get the MQD waiver through AmEx and voila, qualify for PM or DM for the next two years through last year's MQM rollover (which wasn't wasted on qualification the last year, as you kept the MQD number low, by, for example, flying non-006 tickets, so still getting MQMs but keeping MQD under control).

That is the one positive aspect of MQD + MQM combination, that MQMs can be strategically rolled over vs. prematurely used up for qualification, thus getting more benefit out of it and one year wasting only 25,000 MQMs, then early next year using the rest to qualify for the next two years.
I found this out by accident. I could be gold for two years for only $5000 spend and no MQM as I will have 56,000 rollover. It's a sweet deal. Still awaiting those MQM rollover however. :-)

Jiburi
Old Jan 10, 2015, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by nikitta28
Meh, it's was the reserve CC person. She seemed fairly articulate about it. All I care is that at some point they show up.
Yeah, that is exactly someone that I would think would know. Obviously they gave a date way out there that they thought for sure would be covered as it is pretty obvious by now that it will be done by Jan 15th.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Charter DM and DM since, will have about 350K rollover, last name "M" and no post as of today. No worries as long as the current system remains in place will be DM for the next 3 years with minimal effort.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 2:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
My wife's rollover has still not posted, though her 2015 Amex spend has been updated a couple of times already.

If it posts now, she will show rollover above 25K. However, this will change later because after her statement closes, probably today, she will get her 2nd 15K boost. Since it won't post automatically, I assume her rollover won't change until she collects the 15K miles putting her back to gold for this year.

Her next flight is 2/4 so there's time to get her back to gold.
I'm curious: how did your wife get her first 15,000 MQM boost if the credit card hasn't yet had a statement close this year? Rollover above 25,000 and being FO would seem to imply that she didn't meet the $5,000 MQD requirement for GM during 2014 and didn't get an AmEx waiver either, so having $60,000 spend on a Reserve card in about ten days seems like a very unusual pattern.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 2:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

It's possible, but I think it would be hard to manage this. With the fares I see, it would be tough, for example, to fly at a DM level but keep MQDs under the (2014) PM level of $7500 or lower unless one really goes for MR and mistake type fares. Then one would need either some expensive tickets or $25K on an AmEx card during January and February. [Those with foreign addresses can't do this scheme, although they don't have to worry about MQDs either. However, I wonder whether we will see people trying to fraudulently change their addresses back to the USA to attempt this trick. "Move" back to the USA in December to maximize rollover, assuming that the person doesn't meet the MQD requirement or get a waiver, then "move" back in January/February to become exempt again and get the higher status for almost two years.]

It will be harder next year when the new program year moves up to February 1.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 8:23 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Still waiting for my rollover...
Old Jan 11, 2015, 11:22 pm

nothing here either.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:40 am

E.g. even if you have 100,000+ MQMs, keep MQD under $5000, so you only get FO, only lose 25,000 MQM, and roll over the rest. Then in the first two months of next year get the MQD waiver through AmEx and voila, qualify for PM or DM for the next two years through last year's MQM rollover ....
I know several people who followed this approach! I wonder how much of an increase in Delta Amex applications they got in Dec into Jan!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:44 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Nothing posted yet. DM with last name G.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Delta Platinum
Not for me either. I'm glad this thread was started, I was wondering if it was just me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.