Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rollover finally posting

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2015, 6:52 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by LBJ
Out of curiosity, did you have him try going to his "My SkyMiles" section and click the "View Prior Year Details" link? This should verify whether or not DL year-end totals match what you would expect them to be.
Sure - 31.7K MQMs, $4350 in spend.

I asked the DM agent earlier as a BTW when I called to check on an upcoming flight's GUCs, and was told that because I'd gifted the GM status, that it nullified any rollover MQMs. Yes, regardless of whether the FO status was legitimately earned in 2014 with rollover to spare for 2015, since I gifted the status for calendar year 2015 it automagically and retroactively nullified any rollover he'd earned.

I'll bring it up again with another agent in the future because the one I got this morning seriously didn't give a damn about my PNR, my dad's SM account, or just about anything.

Interesting news, though.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 6:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Interesting. I've never heard of DL clawing back rollover MQMs if someone later receives a status gift.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So perhaps the rollover MQM was actually posted and then later clawed back? Maybe it's because the program year doesn't officially start until March 1? I wonder if they would claw it back if you had gifted after March 1?
Old Mar 12, 2015, 1:30 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by LBJ
So perhaps the rollover MQM was actually posted and then later clawed back? Maybe it's because the program year doesn't officially start until March 1? I wonder if they would claw it back if you had gifted after March 1?
Right, but this year's status is going to be shortened. I'd felt it foolish to wait until March 1st (even had I not needed the GUCs) if status was going to be expiring on Jan 31st, 2016. I'm bouncing through Sky Clubs at the moment, and once I'm actually home will be working to find a reliable Diamond agent to have this conversation with.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 7:02 am

Programs: DL PM, Natl-Exec Elite, Hertz-President Circle, Marriot/Starwood-Gold, HHonors-Gold
Based on what you have said regarding timing of the gifted status, the rollover should not be being clawed back.

Based on your numbers:
In 2014, he earned 31,700 in MQM and $4,350 in MQD making him a FO for the remainder of 2014 (Once he exceed the 25,000 MQM and $2,500 MQD requirements) and for 2015. Thus he would have had the 6,700 that rolled over at 12/31/14. Then he earned whatever MQM and MQD for any flights between 01/01 and 03/01 prior to you gifting him GM status for 2015.

So now that you gifted him GM for the 2015, during the 2015 calendar year, he would have meet the 50,000 MQM and $6,000 MQD or get the waiver to re-earned GM status for 2016. Anything less and he starts from zero.

The only way clawing back would have happened is if the gifted GM status was from your 2014 benefits rather than your 2015 benefits, in which case his gifted GM status would have expired on 02/28/15.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 6:56 am

Final update

LED, LBJ, and MSP - thank you for all of your input.

After asking numerous DM agents across a few different weeks' call-in, I've finally gotten a definitive answer.

LBJ - you were closest to the right answer here.

Because I upgraded my father's status on February 4th, 2015 (with my 2015 DM benefits), that was considered to still be part of the 2014 Medallion program year. Had I waited until March 1st, 2015 the MQMs' rollover would have been considered in his account and untouchable. This is despite the 2015 Medallion program ending on January 31, 2016. So - 6700 MQMs just went poof (which he would have qualified for FO with already by now).

Personally - I consider this absolutely unfair considering the shortening of the Skymiles program in 2015, but this is Delta's program to do with what they will so there's no further pushing I'm going to do.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 6:16 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
My rollover miles posted a week or so ago.
Today my last 15k Delta Reserve MQM finally were claimable.
I added them to my account. They were backdated to 12/31 and added to my 2015 totals but not rolled over. My rollover remained the same.
Do I need to call (post snowstorm) or will they sweep these into 2016?
Old Jan 22, 2016, 6:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In the past, DL has done a number of sweeps to rollover MQMs that posted late. Unless for some reason it matters immediately, I'd wait until next month before spending time on time. The problem is very likely to correct itself.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
In the past, DL has done a number of sweeps to rollover MQMs that posted late. Unless for some reason it matters immediately, I'd wait until next month before spending time on time. The problem is very likely to correct itself.
Thanks... I was going to wait a while (imagine they pretty busy this weekend)... will give it some time.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The sweep happened about 5 days after i claimed the MQMs...
Now my rollover has been adjusted upward by 15k miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.