Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rollover finally posting

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 4:54 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Anyone else guilty of checking DL.com everytime this thread gets bumped up?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
Anyone else guilty of checking DL.com everytime this thread gets bumped up?
Guilty as charged.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 5:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I don't understand the obsession with this. Very few people will find that rollover bumps up their status level. Whether it happens now or in a few weeks won't matter unless you have a very unusual travel (or spending) pattern and probably have strategized about your rollover.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
(...) have strategized about your rollover.
You may be underestimating how many FTers have done just that.

General population? Likely few. But here on FT? More than just a few, I'm sure.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 5:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RealHJ
You may be underestimating how many FTers have done just that.

General population? Likely few. But here on FT? More than just a few, I'm sure.
Yeah, but unless the strategizers have overseas addresses, MQDs will get in the way temporarily unless they're doing MS on DL AmEx cards or spending money at an amazing rate.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I don't understand the obsession with this. Very few people will find that rollover bumps up their status level. Whether it happens now or in a few weeks won't matter unless you have a very unusual travel (or spending) pattern and probably have strategized about your rollover.
I check about once a day, mostly because I'm also checking once a day to get out of some middle seats I'm stuck in next week.

For me, it's less about getting the status bump than making sure DL actually rolled over the correct number of MQMs.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:25 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
You don't understand people on a website devoted to obsessing about frequent flyer miles, obsessing about frequent flyer miles?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 8:24 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Yeah, but unless the strategizers have overseas addresses, MQDs will get in the way temporarily unless they're doing MS on DL AmEx cards or spending money at an amazing rate.
Anyone in a real business who is an owner or otherwise in management or another role that allows to have a business credit card, or to be reimbursed for expenses on a personal cc, can likely rack up the required spend for MQD waiver in a few days / weeks / months (at most). As for is that the best value in terms of rewards on a CC, that another matter (IMHO it's clearly not).
Old Jan 15, 2015, 8:41 pm

You don't understand people on a website devoted to obsessing about frequent flyer miles, obsessing about frequent flyer miles?
bingo. my MQD last year was less than $5000, but however I *should* have over 125,000 MQM rolling over.

I also just randomly moved to germany for a lil while so I'm anxiously waiting to see how my scheme to hit DM for 2016 without even flying plays out here
Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:49 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by gooselee
I check about once a day, mostly because I'm also checking once a day to get out of some middle seats I'm stuck in next week.

For me, it's less about getting the status bump than making sure DL actually rolled over the correct number of MQMs.
I also log in at least once a day for other reasons like booking travel, checking seats, upgrades, etc.

My wife's rollover correctly posted a couple of days ago.

I'm figuring that if they're actually checking complex stuff then with the SDC's, VDB's and ticket reissues, SPG, Rental Cars, Hotels, transfers, AMEX and other stuff, I'll be lucky if they complete mine by December 31, 2015.

I'm anticipating discrepancies between their number and mine due to some of the activity.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 6:16 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I also log in at least once a day for other reasons like booking travel, checking seats, upgrades, etc.

My wife's rollover correctly posted a couple of days ago.

I'm figuring that if they're actually checking complex stuff then with the SDC's, VDB's and ticket reissues, SPG, Rental Cars, Hotels, transfers, AMEX and other stuff, I'll be lucky if they complete mine by December 31, 2015.

I'm anticipating discrepancies between their number and mine due to some of the activity.
Is DL correcting MQM balances of flyers who did SDC? For instance - if I booked JFK-MSP-OMA, but SDC to JFK-SLC-OMA, am I going to get audited for the original MQM's?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:07 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
Is DL correcting MQM balances of flyers who did SDC? For instance - if I booked JFK-MSP-OMA, but SDC to JFK-SLC-OMA, am I going to get audited for the original MQM's?
I wouldn't think so since I haven't seen that. My concern is ORC for VDB (when negotiated and documented).

My situations, without going into excruciating detail (you're welcome) involve situations where I ended up either crediting a flight to another program or requesting an ORC amount which was less that flown (due to VDB and Fare Class bonuses) in order to stay just under the 125,000 MQM mark.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: Delta PM
I don't understand the obsession with this.
Really?! I would think someone like yourself who is non stop glued to FT would totally understand some peoples obsession with all things DL.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: Delta PM
haha +1, I should have kept reading before I replied.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:32 am

My rollover posted on 1/14 as well (I didn't even fly in Dec) ... I was 6K miles short of GM last year so I still at Sliver by have about 18K rollover right now. I did $50K of purchases on my Amex Plat card on 12/30 and 12/31 so I should be getting 2014 credit for 20,000 additional MQMs which should give me GM for 2015. The bonus MQMs have NOT hit yet, but given my statement date is 1/16 this isn't expected to happen until tomm or the next day. We'll see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.