Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta MQDs for Germany?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Delta MQDs for Germany?

Is it true that Delta does not require MQDs for Germany? I moved this summer from the US to Germany. So should I change my SkyMiles address? Are there any drawbacks doing this? Does it matter when I change my address, ie can I wait until the end of 2015? I will make the miles but might not reach the $3000 next year.

Thanks for your insights
Olaf
Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by NaxosFan
Is it true that Delta does not require MQDs for Germany? I moved this summer from the US to Germany. So should I change my SkyMiles address? Are there any drawbacks doing this? Does it matter when I change my address, ie can I wait until the end of 2015? I will make the miles but might not reach the $3000 next year.

Thanks for your insights
Olaf
If you reside in Germany and switch your account to your German address, the MQD requirement does not apply. Keep in mind, DL may require documentation of your address.

dl.com - LINK

Each member will be responsible for letting Delta know of any name, email or address change on his or her account. Please ensure that the name in your SkyMiles account (first, middle and last) matches exactly the name on your government-issued photo ID used when you travel.

Address Change

Country of residence is determined by the primary address in the member’s SkyMiles account. Delta reserves the right to audit an account at any time for address accuracy, residency requirements, request further supporting documentation and update the address for any member's SkyMiles account using the National Change of Address (NCOA) data filed by relocating postal customers, but shall have no obligation to do so. Accounts found in violation are subject to penalty, up to and including termination of Medallion status and closure of the SkyMiles account.

For address changes, a member may update their account address information using their Delta password by visiting My Profile, editing their address and attaching any required documentation through the online form. You may also be able to update your account address by submitting the information via fax, mail, or by phone using your password. Members should include their SkyMiles number and signature on all requests and documentation.

Fax or mail supporting documents to the SkyMiles Account Support group at:

Fax: 404-715-9220 (Medallion members)

Fax: 404-773-1945 (All other SkyMiles members)

Mail: 
Delta Air Lines, Inc.
SkyMiles Account Support
Dept. 654
P.O. Box 20532

Atlanta, GA 30320-2532
Some older threads on this topic:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...efinitive.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...uirements.html
Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Currently DL FFers with legitimate foreign addresses are exempt from MQD requirements.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

So no drawback really changing my address? Can I wait until the end of 2015 to change my address to see if I will make the $3000 MQDs?
Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So no drawback really changing my address? Can I wait until the end of 2015 to change my address to see if I will make the $3000 MQDs?
Not really. Ultimately, it's up to you. Just keep in mind DL may require documentation for your address change.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
There are some gift redemption and status base choice award that are not available unless your SM account address is in the US.
There have been US only promotions.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 8:03 am
Original Poster

What about the timing of my address change? Can I wait until the end of 2015 and change my address only if I don't make the $3000 MQDs?

I called SkyMiles but all they could tell me is that once I change my address from the US to Germany I would no longer get credit for MQDs. They were unable to confirm that if I make the MQMs but not the MQDs that a late 2015 address change will still get me silver status for 2016.

PS I moved to Germany in summer of 2014 and expect to stay in Germany for a few years.

Thanks much for your insights and Happy New Year
Olaf
Old Jan 2, 2015, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What about the timing of my address change? Can I wait until the end of 2015 and change my address only if I don't make the $3000 MQDs?

I called SkyMiles but all they could tell me is that once I change my address from the US to Germany I would no longer get credit for MQDs. They were unable to confirm that if I make the MQMs but not the MQDs that a late 2015 address change will still get me silver status for 2016.

PS I moved to Germany in summer of 2014 and expect to stay in Germany for a few years.

Olaf
If you wait to change to your German address late in the year, and DL is slow about the change, it could impact your status if not well-timed.

I'm not clear on why you're so reluctant to change from a US to a Germany address if MQDs are a concern.

If you work with the military, APO addresses also receive the MQD waiver.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM

Olaf
Tell Delta now!
Give them the documentation that you moved to Germany in the middle of 2014.
They may retroactively grant you status if you have met the MQM thresholds.
Suggest you do not wait till end of 2015.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.