FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta MQDs for Germany?
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:14 pm
rwoman
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by NaxosFan
Is it true that Delta does not require MQDs for Germany? I moved this summer from the US to Germany. So should I change my SkyMiles address? Are there any drawbacks doing this? Does it matter when I change my address, ie can I wait until the end of 2015? I will make the miles but might not reach the $3000 next year.

Thanks for your insights
Olaf
If you reside in Germany and switch your account to your German address, the MQD requirement does not apply. Keep in mind, DL may require documentation of your address.

dl.com - LINK

Each member will be responsible for letting Delta know of any name, email or address change on his or her account. Please ensure that the name in your SkyMiles account (first, middle and last) matches exactly the name on your government-issued photo ID used when you travel.

Address Change

Country of residence is determined by the primary address in the member’s SkyMiles account. Delta reserves the right to audit an account at any time for address accuracy, residency requirements, request further supporting documentation and update the address for any member's SkyMiles account using the National Change of Address (NCOA) data filed by relocating postal customers, but shall have no obligation to do so. Accounts found in violation are subject to penalty, up to and including termination of Medallion status and closure of the SkyMiles account.

For address changes, a member may update their account address information using their Delta password by visiting My Profile, editing their address and attaching any required documentation through the online form. You may also be able to update your account address by submitting the information via fax, mail, or by phone using your password. Members should include their SkyMiles number and signature on all requests and documentation.

Fax or mail supporting documents to the SkyMiles Account Support group at:

Fax: 404-715-9220 (Medallion members)

Fax: 404-773-1945 (All other SkyMiles members)

Mail: 
Delta Air Lines, Inc.
SkyMiles Account Support
Dept. 654
P.O. Box 20532

Atlanta, GA 30320-2532
Some older threads on this topic:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...efinitive.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...uirements.html