Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Chisholm call center now taking ALL medallions calls

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chisholm call center now taking ALL medallions calls

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by motytrah
I've been sent to HIBRES even in years when I was a general member. I think it's always been a bit more than just DMs only.
IF ONLY Chisholm were DMs only. So far, it's seemed that PM calls have been most likely to be sent to Chisholm. That's why some here have wondered whether it would be worthwhile to hold short of getting DM in order to have their calls handled by Chisholm agents.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:38 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
Let this be true. You can tell when you hit Chisholm based on the (lovable) accents.
Back in the day, trying to put together a complicated trip, my agent let a "uff da" slip out. She was very embarrassed but I said it just proved to me I wasn't talking to an offshore call center

This was around the time we (FT NW) thru the surprise party for them...
Old Nov 25, 2014, 12:20 am

Programs: None that I am proud of anymore
Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
Let this be true. You can tell when you hit Chisholm based on the (lovable) accents.
So what is wrong with the Minneesoota "Yah you Betcha" accent ?
The reservationists in 'Cold Country USA' scurry their fingers across
the keyboard to prevent early on frostbite. The reason the call center
is here in Minnesota way up north of Duluth in the shadow of the
nations ice box (International Falls) is computers operate best when
they are cool and cold.
I heard that Ole and Sven had something to do with the location.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 1:13 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
What is Chisholm and how do you know they are the ones answering...??
Old Nov 25, 2014, 1:36 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by 355F1
Chisholm is a small town in northeastern Minnesota, a couple hours drive beyond Duluth.

You can ask a DL phone agent where they are located or guess from the accent and other stuff. IMO if CVG answers, you should always hang up and call back.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 5:02 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IMO if CVG answers, you should always hang up and call back.
YMMW. I've had CVGRES be no worse, and no better, than SLCRES most of the time. Sometimes just less experienced so I need to tell them the fare classes to look for, remind them to "end" the reservation (i.e. save it) before moving on to the next one, and otherwise tell them both what to do and what not to do in order to not mess things up.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:39 am

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Though I love the Chisholm folks, I have had great resolution on issues with CVGRES. A few weeks ago, I needed a change to an award seat to match a revenue fare for flights and cabin. The rep volunteered "why don't you do this ..." I said that I didn't know that was possible and she just said "We have lots of tricks!"

I can recognize the CVG accents. The one that would always throw me off was Montreal.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by RealHJ
YMMW. I've had CVGRES be no worse, and no better, than SLCRES most of the time. Sometimes just less experienced so I need to tell them the fare classes to look for, remind them to "end" the reservation (i.e. save it) before moving on to the next one, and otherwise tell them both what to do and what not to do in order to not mess things up.
Don't you think something is wrong here? The average even DM passenger doesn't know this stuff and shouldn't be expected to instruct a phone sales agent how to do their job. Plus it wastes a lot of your time if you must explain this to some employee who is presumably an elite agent.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:15 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by 355F1
Also where Archie (Moonlight) Graham practiced medicine -- in real life and in W D Kinsella's book Shoeless Joe and in the film Field of Dreams.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
SLCRES is usually great, but whenever I need a rule to bend I get at least two who say this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9AHIwmH7AY

I have gotten Chisholm three times in the last 3 or 4 months, but never when I needed something difficult.

Funny thing is that the SLC folks think they get ALL of the DM calls - not true.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:27 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by DeltaWings
SLCRES is usually great,
Especially the folks who are working from home, in my experience.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by mot29
^^ Absolutely!
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:20 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Chisholm is a small town in northeastern Minnesota, a couple hours drive beyond Duluth.

You can ask a DL phone agent where they are located or guess from the accent and other stuff. IMO if CVG answers, you should always hang up and call back.
Ah...Thank you.

I have asked before and it seems that I always have gotten SLC.

Good info to know about CVG! ^^
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by mot29
However I'm shocked that the SLC DM agents working from home aren't required to maintain a "sterile environment" while they're on duty or that the rule isn't enforced at SLC. Sometimes it's so bad that it can be difficult to hear what they're saying and of course it seems very unprofessional when the customer hears kids or dogs in the background.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: DL DM, PMNW 1MM, DL 1MM
I have NEVER even thought of asking where the person on the other end is located. I call and get my stuff taken care off and a don't give a rats behind where they are.

I feel like some here are making this (and themselves) a bit more important than it really is and smells a bit like boasting to me ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.