Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

upgrade question - PM and AS MVP on same PNR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion

on Tuesday I am traveling w/ my wife on a long flight where it looks like we have a great shot at getting upgraded with my PM status. however, she has AS MVP status and her FF# in the reservation. we haven't been upgraded yet, but it looks like the flight is pretty open in F.

on the DL upgrades page it says that upgrades will be prioritized with the lowest medallion level on the reservation. will my wife's AS MVP number in the PNR keep us from being upgraded in advance?

just trying to determine if i should have them scrub the number from the reservation and then go in and re-add it later at the airport.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC to upgrade a companion, their own SkyMiles account number must be on the reservation.

If you split the PNR, wife would be eligible for a low priority upgrade as an AS elite and could credit miles to AS.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC to upgrade a companion, their own SkyMiles account number must be on the reservation.

If you split the PNR, wife would be eligible for a low priority upgrade as an AS elite and could credit miles to AS.
This was very helpful feedback. I did some more reading and in fact you are correct. Also it seems that if the PNR is not split, neither the elite nor the companion will clear before 24 hours in advance.

So, I ended up splitting the PNR and listing her as a companion with the skymiles number. Now I should be upgraded with PM priority (hopefully soon) and her at the companion window if seats remain.

all's well that ends well.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
This was very helpful feedback. I did some more reading and in fact you are correct. Also it seems that if the PNR is not split, neither the elite nor the companion will clear before 24 hours in advance.

So, I ended up splitting the PNR and listing her as a companion with the skymiles number. Now I should be upgraded with PM priority (hopefully soon) and her at the companion window if seats remain.

all's well that ends well.
Thanks and good luck.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 1:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
I recently flew with a friend of mine who is a Delta PM. I deleted my Alaska FF info from the reservation and we got upgraded without splitting the PNR. After the flight I submitted my flight info to Alaska and received mileage credit.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by OSUFlyer
I recently flew with a friend of mine who is a Delta PM. I deleted my Alaska FF info from the reservation and we got upgraded without splitting the PNR. After the flight I submitted my flight info to Alaska and received mileage credit.
They didn't make you enter a Skymiles number on your ticket? Normally DL requires the companion to enter a Skymiles number before the upgrade can occur. Thus it would show credit to DL and AS wouldn't credit it. Of course AS for whatever reason may have decided to give credit, or was confused as to what happened with the account removal.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by flyerCO
They didn't make you enter a Skymiles number on your ticket? Normally DL requires the companion to enter a Skymiles number before the upgrade can occur. Thus it would show credit to DL and AS wouldn't credit it. Of course AS for whatever reason may have decided to give credit, or was confused as to what happened with the account removal.
I don't remember if my SkyMiles number had been entered, I typically don't credit flights to Delta. Maybe I just got lucky with a friendly AS agent?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.