Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Klm lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2014, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Klm lounge access

i am a DM but will be traveling with a colleague who has no status with delta. am i able to bring him into KLM's lounge in both amsterdam and munich? please advise. thanks!
Old Oct 9, 2014, 2:50 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Yes (KLM lounge in AMS) and yes (Air France lounge in Mnchen)
Old Oct 9, 2014, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by frankflieslots
i am a DM but will be traveling with a colleague who has no status with delta. am i able to bring him into KLM's lounge in both amsterdam and munich? please advise. thanks!
Are you traveling in economy or business?

If in economy, as a DM you get a guest and should have access in both AMS and MUC.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 3:35 am
Original Poster

i am flying biz but he is flying coach.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 4:33 am

Programs: DL DM
Is Munich your final destination? If so you might not be able to use the lounge and I've heard people being denied access to KLM lounge in AMS when flying out.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by frankflieslots

According to the Skyclub website, in MUC there's no affliated club that allows access based on SKyclub membership (which you have as a DM). There's an AF lounge and British Airways Lounge. However these clubs in MUC are for those flying BE. Thus only you may access the lounge.

As for AMS - There's two KLM lounges. Your Skyclub membership (which you have till end of Feb, 2015 as a DM) allows you access with a guest. However this is only true when you have a departing flight. DL recently tightened the rules and the AMS KLM lounges now can only be accessed with Skyclub membership when you have a departing flight (doesn't matter who it's on, just departing).
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO
There's an AF lounge and British Airways Lounge. However these clubs in MUC are for those flying BE. Thus only you may access the lounge.
I don't think that's right for the AF lounge at MUC. That is a SkyTeam lounge which the OP should be able to access two ways. As a biz passenger he would have access for himself; however, as STE+ he should have access for himself and a guest. This lounge is in the Schengen area where OP will be if he is flying MUC-AMS. https://www.skyteam.com/en/Why-SkyTe...Access-Policy/

The BA lounge is a contract lounge (from DL's standpoint) and in the non-Schengen area. It is only accessible for business passengers under Delta's new rules implemented in May 2014.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:21 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Assuming OP will take a connecting Skyteam flight...
MUC-AMS will be KL operated anyway. Delta's rules implemented in May 2014 are irrelevant.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Instead of us speculating, it would be so much more useful if the OP would just post the exact routing. It matters for MUC lounge access. It also matters for whether the OP will be using the schengen or nonschengen lounge at AMS.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

we will be traveling from MUC to BIO via AMS all on KLM.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mattp1987
I don't think that's right for the AF lounge at MUC. That is a SkyTeam lounge which the OP should be able to access two ways. As a biz passenger he would have access for himself; however, as STE+ he should have access for himself and a guest. This lounge is in the Schengen area where OP will be if he is flying MUC-AMS. https://www.skyteam.com/en/Why-SkyTe...Access-Policy/

The BA lounge is a contract lounge (from DL's standpoint) and in the non-Schengen area. It is only accessible for business passengers under Delta's new rules implemented in May 2014.
Not according to the Skyclub location website. According to it Delta DM/PM/GM don't get Elite Plus access to any lounge at MUC. This could be an oversight. However I find the Skyclub location tab to be correct with all the recent changes DL has made.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 1:06 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Not according to the Skyclub location website. According to it Delta DM/PM/GM don't get Elite Plus access to any lounge at MUC. This could be an oversight. However I find the Skyclub location tab to be correct with all the recent changes DL has made.
Oh, I see what you mean. However, in this case, no DL flights would leave from the Schengen side of MUC, so I think this is just an oversight since the only ST flights from the Schengen side are on AF, KL, and AZ. The website is, of course, correct that the BA lounge is not included for STE+ flying DL in Y from MUC under the May 2014 policy.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 5:35 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
DL recently tightened the rules and the AMS KLM lounges now can only be accessed with Skyclub membership when you have a departing flight (doesn't matter who it's on, just departing).
I managed to use it with no departing flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.