Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Has anyone else observed a Woodford shortage recently?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2014, 1:48 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC

Admittedly my sample size is small, but on 3/4 recent flights from BOS-DTW on a 757, they've run out of Woodford relatively early in the flight.

- Flight 1, have PDB and one in the air, and they were out when I asked for a second in the air
- Flight 2, have PDB and they were out when I asked for first drink in the air (row 3)
- Flight 3, UG didn't clear so no PDB, I was in row 25 and the cart parked right next to me so second one asked. While the Y FA was setting up, the FC FA came back and asked for Woodford, and the Y FA gave her both (yes, only two) Woodfords. Her expression was eyes-wide-open when I asked for a Woodford and she ran to the back, reappearing a few minutes later with two bottles.

I could see that the entire tray was full of minis, with no open slots, so are they just catering less Woodford than they used to?
Old Oct 10, 2014, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite

As far as I know - there have only been two per cart lately. This would make sense ...
Old Oct 10, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
No Woodfords in EC on AMS-SEA last week -- had to make do with the other stuff.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Yes, I was going to post that over a month ago.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
I had not noticed, it is still Gin and Tonic season for me. But I am getting ready for my winter drink.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by suvayanr
As far as I know - there have only been two per cart lately. This would make sense ...
Yes, two per cart. Even in BE on TATL/TPAC. Every international BE flight I have been on this year has run out of Woodford at some point. Earliest was after the first drink run in Y, purser went back and got the last one for me from a Y cart.

Pretty sad... all you need on a small plane are a couple DMs to clean them out of Woodford. Many short hop flights on the 717 ex-small airport have been out entirely.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 3:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
DL is making the beverage cart a more exclusive experience by making Woodford minis spend more to qualify to be catered.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 3:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
if there's a shortage of woodford on your flight, it means that I'M on YOUR flight!
Old Oct 10, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL DM
Sorry about that. *burp*
Old Oct 10, 2014, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Starting in 2016 only those passengers who spend an extra 10 MQD will be eligible to receive woodford Reserve on board.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by thesaints
Starting in 2016 only those passengers who spend an extra 10 MQD will be eligible to receive woodford Reserve on board.
No, you've got it wrong. Only YBM fares or higher.

*Excludes GAP fares, because those are typically something like a K fare with an automatic upgrade, if available.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
If you are in coach and use an HOOU to get a Woodford, open the bottle quickly to avoid getting caught by one the DL retroactive benefit changes.

But, no, I have only had isolated issues regarding Woodford availability. Most often on one of those out and back from ATL, same flight number each way, flights when the plane is returning to ATL and the inventory has been decimated on the outbound.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
well, if you got skunked on 1195 IAD-ATL last Sun (5 Oct) you can blame me, because I got the two of 'em in EC on the flight up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.