Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

how long does it take to reissue a ticket (schedule change)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M

I am very new to the Delta experience. Recently my first Delta reservation (booked in economy) has been subjected to a series of schedule changes and one flight cancellation (JFK-BCN), so I called the reservation office. A very helpful and cheerful agent rebooked me onto a KLM flight in the Y class and said that my ticket would be send for reissue. This was on Sunday; when I check the reservation on the DL website, there is still an old ticket number. The routing has been updated, but the receipt still shows the previous routing. I can also see the reservation on the KLM website but there is no electronic ticket associated with it, whereas the AF website says "the reservation hasn't been paid for yet". My reissue experience with other airlines so far has led me to believe that it is an automatic, speedy process. Should I call DL again? Thanks.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
With reissues involving KL and AF, it can take 3-5 days for it to process.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: DL DM
Some reissues can be done automatically by the agent that you speak with on the phone at the time of the change. Other times, it is more complicated and it has to be queued to a special desk that handles more complicated reissues. If they are backlogged, it could take a while. I would monitor the reissue and if it has not been done by at least a week prior to departure, I would call and ask to speak with the "manual reissue desk". They will process it while you are on the phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.