Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

will DL match my status after loosing my GM?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

will DL match my status after loosing my GM?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2014, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe previously when they did straight matches, they would ask for an actual account history (or at least NW did). With the Match Challenge, I believe they only need a copy of your card.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
Another point is that you are only allowed one status match/challenge in a lifetime. Once you get it, they won't do it again.
What if you did one with Northwest 14 years ago?
Old Aug 10, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by apodo77
What if you did one with Northwest 14 years ago?
They kept the NW mileage credit engine and the NW database functions in the combined SkyMiles program. They just might have those old NW records of matches, too.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by dd1612
1. Example: Travel 2 round trip MSP-AMS-BOM by paying $4-5k per ticket in BE, and GM status is regained/ retained!
If you really wanted to play this game, you can book AF W (Prem Echon) from IAD-BOM for ~24k MQM at around $2,200 per r/t. I used November dates, have to book 60+ for these fairs I believe.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 6:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Two years ago I was GM with DL and 1K with UA (both based on actual flying). I wanted to switch all my flying over to Delta and they wouldn't match me to something higher because I already had status.

Our records indicate that you are a current SkyMiles Medallion member and, therefore, are ineligible to participate in this offer. This offer is for non-medallion members and we are unable to upgrade or extend your current status.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wizzy
Two years ago I was GM with DL and 1K with UA (both based on actual flying). I wanted to switch all my flying over to Delta and they wouldn't match me to something higher because I already had status.
Which is why I pointed out upthread that he would have to wait until March 1, 2015 when he loses all Delta status.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
Not DL, of course, but I did status match from UA to AA. AA wanted not only proof of 1k status, but asked for my most recent account statement from UA. I could not status match to DL because I was already SM and thus not eligible for a match, according to DL SC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.