Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL re-starting some old school Florida routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL re-starting some old school Florida routes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:31 am
EZE

Programs: All of em more or less
Instead of more JFK-TPA a JFK-SRQ would be nice - especially one that connects with intl departures/arrivals. SRQ-LGA is nice but is mid-day and presumably timed for people who want to get to city in time for dinner.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I wish there had been FLL/MIA-TPA a couple of weeks back... I had to nest an AA MIA-TPA turn for a meeting in Tampa inside ATL-FLL for another meeting in Hollywood and a mini-anniversary trip for me and my wife (she shopped in South Beach while I was in Tampa). Then again, both trips credited to AS, so not such a big deal I guess. The outbound ATL-FLL was on a B739 with the new AVOD, but neither of us had headphones... instead we watched Frozen with no sound as I made up my own distasteful dialogue. Luckily we were in the 2-seat exit row so there was no one at the window to look at me disapprovingly.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 2:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
I wish there had been FLL/MIA-TPA a couple of weeks back... I had to nest an AA MIA-TPA turn for a meeting in Tampa inside ATL-FLL for another meeting in Hollywood and a mini-anniversary trip for me and my wife (she shopped in South Beach while I was in Tampa). Then again, both trips credited to AS, so not such a big deal I guess. The outbound ATL-FLL was on a B739 with the new AVOD, but neither of us had headphones... instead we watched Frozen with no sound as I made up my own distasteful dialogue. Luckily we were in the 2-seat exit row so there was no one at the window to look at me disapprovingly.
Even if DL was on that route, it would almost certainly be with an RJ, so if you're crediting to another program from which you can credit from either AA or DL, so if DL was on the route and you had a choice, you probably would have been better off going with the mainline option on AA (depending on price and schedule as well).
Old Jul 24, 2014, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by davetravels
Someday, I'd like to see a survey of people who actually care about AVOD on a relatively short flight
You said it yourself - it's all relative. To most who are going to FL, it's the longest flight in the world and takes days of prep. To me, it's shorter than my regular commute to work. AVOD is a big deal.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
^^^ Give me those and a few others... MCO- CMH/BNA/SEA/SFO/DCA/STL
^^ Yes, MCO-STL. Please please please.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Gold Card holder, JetBlue Trueblue, HiltonHonors, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Originally Posted by HDQDD
AVOD < iPad
I mean, the IFE is nice, but my iPhone, iPad, and a WSJ work just as well . In addition, the MD-88s, despite being an older aircraft, were refurbished very nicely and are a fine aircraft IMHO. Besides, I read in a WSJ article from last year that with proper maintenance, older aircraft work as well as newer aircraft and from what I know, DL does a good job maintaining their aircraft. I'm happy to see the expanded JFK-Florida service.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:30 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Gold Card holder, JetBlue Trueblue, HiltonHonors, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Originally Posted by EZE
Instead of more JFK-TPA a JFK-SRQ would be nice - especially one that connects with intl departures/arrivals. SRQ-LGA is nice but is mid-day and presumably timed for people who want to get to city in time for dinner.
JFK-SRQ would be nice, but I doubt that the demand is really there? There are more domestic fliers than int'l, so DL feels those domestic fliers would be better served flying to LGA vs. JFK and use ATL for international connections instead of JFK. By contrast, other Floridian cities like MCO, TPA, FLL, and MIA benefit from DL service to both JFK/LGA due to high demand. In addition, B6 dominates the JFK-SRQ route. Even still, many people I talk to who are traveling to the Sarasota area use TPA instead of SRQ as TPA is less expensive to fly into. If DL wanted to try SRQ from JFK, they should start small with a CR7, CR9, 712, or A319. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by WolfieG; Jul 24, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.