Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spotted in the wild: medallion tags

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2014, 5:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by FlyingWithers
Oh, man. Such a nice pocket to be picked!
No worries. It's Minnesota. We're NICE.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 7:26 pm

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by davetravels
I'm trying to figure out if this post is serious, or not - - I don't see a "" . . . .

I'll bite, tho - - - How much respect does Delta give a FO???

Ummmm...not much...
Old Jul 19, 2014, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I usually leave my luggage tags on. Presently on my backpack Continental OnePass Platinum (the half sized ones) on my backpack. I leave them on, especially when travelling, because if I don't, they will certainly get left at the hotel.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 8:31 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by WIRunner
I usually leave my luggage tags on. Presently on my backpack Continental OnePass Platinum (the half sized ones) on my backpack. I leave them on, especially when travelling, because if I don't, they will certainly get left at the hotel.
I thought the CO ones were those cheesy sticker/label things
Old Jul 19, 2014, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by samwise6222
I proudly display my FO tag whenever I fly paid J/F. Only heard "Excuse me, aren't you zone 1?" once though.
Bet it was sweet though.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz 5*, SPG
Originally Posted by davetravels
I'm trying to figure out if this post is serious, or not - - I don't see a "" . . . .

I'll bite, tho - - - How much respect does Delta give a FO???

Taking snack items off of the HOOU coupons was Delta's nod to FOs, since they don't get the coupons anyway. It gives me warm fuzzies to know how much they care.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 10:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
My PM & KM tags are zip-tied to my backpack, which goes with me on every flight, to every hotel and to just about every meeting.

Don't feel as though I'm a DYKWIA for not cutting the zip-tie at baggage claim and stowing the "street creed" inside my bag, as Delta calls it.

What does make me laugh are the folks who adjust their tags to make them plainly visible to their seat mate when their bag is stowed beneath the seat. Particularly funny in FC - who cares since we're all up front? Maybe I should cut the zip-tie and put the KM tag on top... That would be a nice DYKWIA move. Charter Member. Bam.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:31 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Hilton Life Diamond, Hertz Presidents, former US former Charimans
Show them proudly

Another reply here that doesn't understand the OP's point. In my casual observation I'd say 75% of the bags in FC have the tags on them, so clearly everybody does it. I can't think of anyone who gets to their hotel (or home) and then stops to take their luggage tags OFF their luggage before going out.

And let's face it, if you fly enough to have any kind of status, it is a huge part of your life. You probably enjoy flying, and on more than one occasion for me it's been enough to start a conversation with someone else who enjoys flying. Maybe you've been to some very interesting places recently, and I could learn something new about the world by talking to you. Maybe you read FlyerTalk and have a hot tip for me on a MR....

Put on your luggage tags and let other people think whatever they want. I like mine and they're staying.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by brillb
Another reply here that doesn't understand the OP's point. In my casual observation I'd say 75% of the bags in FC have the tags on them, so clearly everybody does it. I can't think of anyone who gets to their hotel (or home) and then stops to take their luggage tags OFF their luggage before going out.

And let's face it, if you fly enough to have any kind of status, it is a huge part of your life. You probably enjoy flying, and on more than one occasion for me it's been enough to start a conversation with someone else who enjoys flying. Maybe you've been to some very interesting places recently, and I could learn something new about the world by talking to you. Maybe you read FlyerTalk and have a hot tip for me on a MR....

Put on your luggage tags and let other people think whatever they want. I like mine and they're staying.
Before the days of precheck the tags were nice to have on your bag because the checker would normally just waive me through in the SP lane instead of having to deal with showing him or her the BP on my phone.

The tags have also come in handy a couple of times when I was late boarding when I was number one on the upgrade list and the agent told me if I boarded I would lose my spot on the upgrade list, and the FA would see the diamond tag and go out of their way to find room in the bin for my bag and one time when the bins were full in Y she told me there was empty bin space in first and to feel free to store the bag there.

A couple weeks ago my diamond tags and another person's gold tags allowed us to strike up a good conversation in London. His wife and daughter were waiting on the tube and he saw my diamond tags and came over and started talking and we found out we were both heading to DTW (they connected at DTW to DFW) and we ended up talking the whole tube ride to LHR and I was able to tell him where the Skypriority check in was at LHR saving him a lot of time. I ran into them at baggage claim and we chatted again while waiting on my bags and he told me some good day trips to do next time I'm in London and he didn't realize he was eligible for SC access as a gold on an international ticket, he said he flies international a few times a year, a lot of times solo and had no clue he was eligible as a gold for free SC access on this trips.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.