Wiki Posts
Search

JFK-SEA transcon BusinessElite

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2014, 8:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by Playsmart
My secretary booked me on a domestic 757 next month, will DL let me change to the mid afternoon flight with the 16F setup if I complain that I want a BE product without the fee?
if you call and explain that you wanted the BE set up but your secretary booked you the Domestic F instead and there is no price difference, you might get an agent willing to waive the change fee. Being that your gold, you might have to call a few times before you find that agent. If you first dont succeed, try try again. However, if she booked you the ticket today or yesterday, you have until midnight tonight to cancel it and rebook it.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 7:25 am

Programs: DELTA Skymiles:GOLD
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
if you call and explain that you wanted the BE set up but your secretary booked you the Domestic F instead and there is no price difference, you might get an agent willing to waive the change fee. Being that your gold, you might have to call a few times before you find that agent. If you first dont succeed, try try again. However, if she booked you the ticket today or yesterday, you have until midnight tonight to cancel it and rebook it.

Thanks,

She booked it a month ago but just got around to looking at my October travel. I called up twice and got no where. Not sure I have the patience to deal with the stupidity on the other end today.

Stay Classy DL
Old Sep 11, 2014, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
worst case is that you should be able to SDC at T-24 hrs
Old Sep 11, 2014, 8:13 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
She booked it a month ago but just got around to looking at my October travel. I called up twice and got no where. Not sure I have the patience to deal with the stupidity on the other end today.

Stay Classy DL
What stupidity?
Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by jrl767
worst case is that you should be able to SDC at T-24 hrs
This is true and a good point. Domestic BE purchased tickets can SDC at no charge to another flight on the same day as long as there are available seats. You don't need the same fare class.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Thanks,

Stay Classy DL
So, when the flight was booked, DL did nothing to hide that this was a non-BE aircraft. They even gave you 24 hours to change but you've just now gotten around to reviewing the booking and realised your mistake. So you're calling DL stupid?

The only person acting without class here is you. Not Delta.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Originally Posted by kjnangre
So, when the flight was booked, DL did nothing to hide that this was a non-BE aircraft ...
not necessarily ... they have made a number of equipment shuffles on JFK<-->SEA in the past couple weeks; it might have been a BE-configured 757 when she booked it
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Took a look at various dates between mid-November and late January and the 737-800 seems to be taking over half the flights each day. Would DL honestly continue to market this as a premium route and "not upgrade eligible" when only 1 flight each day is operated by a BE equipped plane?!
Old Sep 11, 2014, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by kjnangre
So, when the flight was booked, DL did nothing to hide that this was a non-BE aircraft. They even gave you 24 hours to change but you've just now gotten around to reviewing the booking and realised your mistake. So you're calling DL stupid?

The only person acting without class here is you. Not Delta.
Woah buddy, sorry all that Delta Kool aid has gotten to you. My secretary booked this a month ago and guess what, she is not a flyertalk member or an avgeek so she has no idea that Delta, who advertises BE all on JFK - SEA flights would have non BE products. She wouldn't know that she has to look for the tiny picture of a reclining seat to know that this aircraft is the one we all want.

And what about all the times that DL has advertised a PTV at all seats, yet you get on the plane and realize your neck will be hurting looking up for the next 5 hours.

DELTA is stupid on the JFK-SEA route cause they keep lying. This is not a 100% BE route so stop advertising it. The route is the even stepchild for their transcon product.

At the end of the day it obviously my fault because I do have a 24 hour window to check and I did not, but if Delta wasn't bamboozling all on this route then I wouldn't have to.

Now lay off and get over the fact that this is simply a message board. Chill out dude.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
Took a look at various dates between mid-November and late January and the 737-800 seems to be taking over half the flights each day. Would DL honestly continue to market this as a premium route and "not upgrade eligible" when only 1 flight each day is operated by a BE equipped plane?!
actually it's two-thirds of the operations ...

the question is not so much "Would DL ... continue to market this ..." as "WHY would DL continue to market this ..." and the only answer that comes to my mind is that they simply do not ******* care about the fact that this is a blatant misrepresentation of what they have to offer their JFK<-->SEA customers

I don't really have a dog in this fight: as I have mentioned numerous times, as a GM I'm perfectly happy with a window EC seat, since I know I have only a miniscule chance of scoring this upgrade even when they have a 26F 757 operating the flight

my gripe is with the principle of the whole thing ... DL management appears to be way too focused on toeing the company line with respect to marketing-speak, and not enough on customer perception
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:10 pm
Used to be 'jwienner'

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
I'm blown away that they're going to a 737-800 for 1/2 the flights on that route for that long and STILL calling it "BusinessElite"... I think the 738's are some of the worst equipment in the fleet.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by AirTheory
I'm blown away that they're going to a 737-800 for 1/2 the flights on that route for that long and STILL calling it "BusinessElite"... I think the 738's are some of the worst equipment in the fleet.

I ended up taking 2 extra flights to SEA this month. Both were the evening flight DL443. Both times, it was an aircraft without AVOD let alone Business Elite in the front.

The disparity on this route is laughable. How do you go from a 16 seat BE refurbed aircraft to a antiquated overhead PTV interior on a quote on quote ELITE route???

Mind boggling.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 9:21 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by AirTheory
You want to fly a profitable airline or an ethical one?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
It's really false advertising on the part of DL to market this as BE service and then substitute equipment and the blow customers off when they complain and request appropriate compensation.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 7:10 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Any updates on this routing? Most flights appear to be on the 75X which I believe is still recliners.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.