Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Qualified for 2015 Diamond, and have not received one upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qualified for 2015 Diamond, and have not received one upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
Originally Posted by RollsRoyceAndy
Now I see, he is not a troll he is a Lobbyist. At least if he was a politician he would be accountable to someone and it is obvious from his spend brag that he does not sound too accountable to anyone.
How dare he brag, "RollsRoyceAndy"!!!

Uggh!
Old Apr 14, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter
I have not gotten an upgrade since I dropped to PM Kind of what I expected
Not sure why you're expecting no upgrades as a Plat.

Plat is not Silver - it's 1 level down from Top Tier. I would (and do, as a Plat myself) certainly expect a fair amount of upgrades as a Plat.
What's the point of striving for higher level of status (Diamond, Plat) if we're no longer getting upgrades?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 5:22 pm
havnfn

Programs: Delta-DM; Hilton-Diamond; Hyatt-Diamond
Depends a lot on route and fare paid (and if you had any delays and can take advantage of that on alternate routes)

I've had quite a bit of luck: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22068952-post3.html
Old Apr 15, 2014, 7:12 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by bostonbali
What's the point of striving for higher level of status (Diamond, Plat) if we're no longer getting upgrades?
My upgrade percentages have definitely declined. Good for DL if they are making more money via other mechanisms such as FCM, etc., but the huge downside is that their loyalty/rewards program becomes far less enticing/valuable (and since there are other ways to get access to other benefits, to me the upgrades are the most important).
Old Apr 15, 2014, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by bostonbali
Not sure why you're expecting no upgrades as a Plat.

Plat is not Silver - it's 1 level down from Top Tier. I would (and do, as a Plat myself) certainly expect a fair amount of upgrades as a Plat.
The route I fly most is Diamond heavy. I wasn't getting upgrades on it a lot when I was Diamond.

I am flying ATL-SNA on a Monday Friday with a L,U,T fare. If you aren't Diamond you aren't getting an upgrade here. And even if you are Diamond it's iffy at my fare class.

I knew this when I decided to let Diamond go last year. I just posted because I find it entertaining that the "I didn't get an upgrade" is considered worthy of posting LOL! Some of us live in the world where we know that every time we don't get an "upgrade" it's not worth a post! The OPs post is proof of that
Old Apr 15, 2014, 8:02 am

Programs: DL DM 2.85MM, Priority Platinum
I just posted because I find it entertaining that the "I didn't get an upgrade" is considered worthy of posting LOL! Some of us live in the world where we know that every time we don't get an "upgrade" it's not worth a post! The OPs post is proof of that
But in reading the entire thread you find out that of all the flights he had only 3 upgradable segments. All the rest he was in paid First or Business. He wasn't really complaining, there was another motivation.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by RollsRoyceAndy
But in reading the entire thread you find out that of all the flights he had only 3 upgradable segments. All the rest he was in paid First or Business. He wasn't really complaining, there was another motivation.
And... it's still worth a post? Really?

Just because we feed the poster doesn't mean it's worthwhile for them or us
Old Apr 15, 2014, 8:18 am

Programs: DL DM 2.85MM, Priority Platinum
And... it's still worth a post? Really?

Just because we feed the poster doesn't mean it's worthwhile for them or us
No not at all, he baited the thread and once it got hooked he let out the real status. He was referred to by several different names and appears to have laughed at his hand work and left the building. Since he waited til the first page was full (that is about as far as many people get before they post) people still respond to the thread as if it were a genuine issue.

He thinks he is funny or at the least clever, I think he is something else.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Devalued Diamond, Hertz President's Club
I do try to avoid heavier medallion times but flying between MSP and FLL/PBI this year I am 24-25 / 96%. I am pleased with this.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 6:55 am

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
1/14

I have not gotten an upgrade since I dropped to PM Kind of what I expected
Ditto that. Until yesterday I was 0/12 for upgrades as PM in 2014. Got my first upgrade of the year yesterday MSP-LAS and am now 1/14. I was #6 for 6 available at the gate and got the very last one of the 24 FC seats on this 753. I was about 50% as a DM in 2013.

Now, on the other hand, as a USAir CP in 2014, I am a happy camper at a perfect 100%, 21/21! FC Meals on US better than (I remember them as being) on DL. No IFE on US A321s but, hey, who cares if you have an iPad!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.