Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Qualified for 2015 Diamond, and have not received one upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qualified for 2015 Diamond, and have not received one upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2014, 11:59 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Between this week and next week I'll have flown 8 segments with no upgrades. All on CR2s. I don't mind the RST-MSP flight but the MSP-OKC is a killer. I was thinking today on my OKC-MSP flight that I'm surprised there aren't more cases airborne psychotic behavior on the CR2s. I'm surprised one hasn't involved me.

Oh, and, BTW, MSP-OKC and back is $1200 close in. That same flight with an extra leg starting and ending in RST is less than $600. A MSP-OKC with a connection on WN is less than $400 booked at the same time. I'm really hating Delta these days!!! Whomever made the decision to only fly CR2s MSP to Oklahoma (including TUL) really needs a strong dose of karma!!!

I'm done venting for the week now.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 12:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by yohanson
Between this week and next week I'll have flown 8 segments with no upgrades. All on CR2s. I don't mind the RST-MSP flight but the MSP-OKC is a killer. I was thinking today on my OKC-MSP flight that I'm surprised there aren't more cases airborne psychotic behavior on the CR2s. I'm surprised one hasn't involved me.

Oh, and, BTW, MSP-OKC and back is $1200 close in. That same flight with an extra leg starting and ending in RST is less than $600. A MSP-OKC with a connection on WN is less than $400 booked at the same time. I'm really hating Delta these days!!! Whomever made the decision to only fly CR2s MSP to Oklahoma (including TUL) really needs a strong dose of karma!!!

I'm done venting for the week now.
:-:The week's almost over. @:-)Don't worry, you can start again soon.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 12:06 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
And only done for this week.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 1:07 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by NWA777
My wife and I fly FLL to MSP and MSP to FLL. We've 100% upgrade to and from MSP this year.
My wife is FO and I'm PM. We usually catch the 0545 flight from FLL when we go to MSP.
That's because only "CRAZY" people actually choose to take flights at 05:45.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 3:53 am

Programs: DL DM 2.85MM, Priority Platinum
I am 100% on upgradeable flights 20 of 25 segments this year. All have been within North America. It would be nice to know the OP flight schedule.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Also, 15 segments for 64,000 MQMs could mean lots of domestic transcon non stops, which were tough upgrades, at least on some days of the week but now are not eligible for free elite upgrades.
Would they not have been upgradeable in Jan and Feb? I thought the change was Mar 1? He must have flown in Jan and Feb.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by RollsRoyceAndy
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Also, 15 segments for 64,000 MQMs could mean lots of domestic transcon non stops, which were tough upgrades, at least on some days of the week but now are not eligible for free elite upgrades.
Would they not have been upgradeable in Jan and Feb? I thought the change was Mar 1? He must have flown in Jan and Feb.
Even so, I can't see how it would be possible yo get 64k MQM in 15 MQS unless at least some of them are int'l and/or paid F/J, especially with that MQD figure, which would remove them from the medallion UG equation. Unless OP chooses to chime back in, it could be that he/she is really just 0 for 2 on Monday morning ATL-LGA and back or something...
Old Apr 12, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by javabytes
My upgrade percentage is down substantially as well, even on off-days and routes that were once sure things. FCM has really decimated one of the biggest benefits of status.
Not so sure it can all be blamed on FCM. Tried to change a TPAC return connection ex-JFK. There were no F seats available n/s on other flts and this is a month out. Even tried to do another connection via BOS/DTW/whatever to get home earlier. Heck, I would have taken SLC if available. Found only one possible, getting me home an hour earlier via ATL and that one rubs up against the MCT.

Anecdotal but it seems like more pax are buying F. Also anecdotal but based on FT threads, more are buying discount F when possible and lots of PWM and certs, not to mention F awards despite the devaluations. Good for the airlines, bad for us who are looking for UG’s.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 9:38 am

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by Sez_Who
Not so sure it can all be blamed on FCM. Tried to change a TPAC return connection ex-JFK. There were no F seats available n/s on other flts and this is a month out. Even tried to do another connection via BOS/DTW/whatever to get home earlier. Heck, I would have taken SLC if available. Found only one possible, getting me home an hour earlier via ATL and that one rubs up against the MCT.

Anecdotal but it seems like more pax are buying F. Also anecdotal but based on FT threads, more are buying discount F when possible and lots of PWM and certs, not to mention F awards despite the devaluations. Good for the airlines, bad for us who are looking for UG’s.
Psst... FCM is discounted F
Old Apr 12, 2014, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Here are the details

C-2
I-7
Z-2
P-1
S-3

Just interesting that it was possible for me to get to Diamond with no upgrades for the first time ever. And on one coach segment I even tried to use a RUP and was first loser departing #1 on the list with 0 seats.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 12:06 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Flew yesterday LAS-MSP - only 2 seats out of 24 available for upgrade. FA announced there were 12 MM on board. There were 37 on the UG list.

Flight tomorrow shows only 2 seats assigned out of 24. Too bad i can't change a P fare to L.

Timing is everything. Outbound was filled with NAB attendees.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee
Even so, I can't see how it would be possible yo get 64k MQM in 15 MQS unless at least some of them are int'l and/or paid F/J, especially with that MQD figure, which would remove them from the medallion UG equation. Unless OP chooses to chime back in, it could be that he/she is really just 0 for 2 on Monday morning ATL-LGA and back or something...
My point was there were not blackouts on TCON flights until March 1. The OP has stepped back in but other than the ticket code has not shared the routes.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by SteveinA2
Here are the details

C-2
I-7
Z-2
P-1
S-3

Just interesting that it was possible for me to get to Diamond with no upgrades for the first time ever. And on one coach segment I even tried to use a RUP and was first loser departing #1 on the list with 0 seats.
After looking at the fare codes, only 3 segments would have been in need of an UG. WFBF and then tell everyone he didn't get UG, bit of a troll but the routes would be interesting due to the miles you have flown.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by SteveinA2
Here are the details

C-2
I-7
Z-2
P-1
S-3

I'm sorry, but how is this interesting? Of course it is possible to make DM by flying predominantly in paid F/J.

If you are here to complain about upgrades, you flew only 3 segments in economy, and you still haven't clarified whether 2 of the 3 were even eligible for complimentary medallion upgrades. Or if you want to discuss your high spend on DL, there are plenty of other threads to report MQM count.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
That's because only "CRAZY" people actually choose to take flights at 05:45.
the early crazy people get the upgrade: ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.