Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best seat on 737-900ER?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2016, 8:04 pm

anyone who's been on 737-900 row 21 can confirm if row 21 reclines or not?
Old Oct 6, 2016, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
DL is flying the 739 on a route to Hawaii? Isn't that pushing the range? Not to mention pax being cramped in that uncomfortable tube for almost 6hrs...
Old Oct 6, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by rylan
DL is flying the 739 on a route to Hawaii? Isn't that pushing the range? Not to mention pax being cramped in that uncomfortable tube for almost 6hrs...
Can you imagine how long the take-off roll will be with all that fuel and weight on this under-powered pig?
Old Oct 6, 2016, 9:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by rylan
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...tarts-feb.html

Delta to operate the Boeing 737-900ER to Hawaii

Old Oct 6, 2016, 11:38 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
LAX-HNL is only 2500 miles, guys. That's not even half of the 739's max range.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 11:49 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by pvn
LAX-HNL is only 2500 miles, guys. That's not even half of the 739's max range.
Actually the fully loaded range is more like 3000 miles unless you add aux tanks. Even then, the fully loaded range is 3600 miles. Hit some headwinds and that margin drops really quick.

And row 21 does recline. I sat briefly in 21A ATL-SEA last year until I got an on-board upgrade.

David
Old Oct 6, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Are 19A/F the terrible exit seats with about 2" of the seat cushion chopped off, and with no armrest? I don't recall if I was on a 738 or 739, SEA-MSP in an exit row A seat that was sheer misery. I get that DL wants to save exit row legroom for medallions, but that seat was godawful. I had two blankets stuffed in the gap and I still felt like I was going to slide off the 15" wide seat for 3.5 hours.

I wouldn't even want it for sub-2hr MSP-DEN (and yes, DL has mixed a 739 into MSP-DEN schedules. Ugh). To Hawaii? Id rate the seat Y--.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 9:04 am

SFO-ATL

Any reviews on seats in row 20. Just 2 seats on both sides of plane. Delta says row 19 does not recline.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by Petalumatool
Any reviews on seats in row 20. Just 2 seats on both sides of plane. Delta says row 19 does not recline.
I haven't sat there, but everything I have read is that Row 20 is awful. No extra legroom, possibly even restricted legroom, and no recline.

Perhaps someone who has sat there will weigh in to confirm/refute.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
So, basically the only inflight entertainment on your way to Hawaii is the movies on your seatback screen (without live TV), unless you bring your own device with pre-recorded content (since delta studio's live streaming won't work without wifi)..?
Delta Studio doesn't require ground coverage. The content is stored on the plane and works even when overwater.

Given that none of the international aircraft that fly routes 2-3x as long as Hawaii have Live TV, I don't see that particular feature as a huge loss; the full library of on demand content is still available.

(None of this is me advocating for the 737-900 to Hawaii, but I don't think the entertainment system is the reason it's a bad experience.)
Old Jan 7, 2017, 11:45 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I'm in 21F next week...from what I read this almost better than C+ no? Looks like. I seat in front of me.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:16 pm

I'm booking C+ for someone else. One segment ATL-SAN has the 739ER. No aisle seats available - is 10A still a good bet in the C+ cabin? Is the bulkhead still a curtain meaning there's floor storage, or does everything still need to go up top?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Any opinions on row 18? DL seat map says "limited recline" since it's in front of the exit row 19, but what does that mean? Effectively none, or just slightly less than normal Y seat? Flying this on ATL-SEA next month.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by warmstor
To update this: yes, 10 ABC probably have the best leg room in economy for two people (which I'm guessing at since you say "we".) Only one big drop-down video screen, though, compared to the individual IFE in almost every other seat in the plane.

For solo flyers, 21A or F have no seat in front of them.

This is a MISERABLE aircraft for pax comfort, front and back.

The bulkhead closet wall in front of 10 DEF makes 10E and 10F stink, though with D you can angle partway into the gap/aisle.
I HAVE to fly JFK-PHX-JFK on 737-900ER in May. Delta mostly flies this sardine can on the JFK-PHX nonstop. In January, I caught a random (maybe not?) 757-200S on JFK-PHX which was a nice surprise! Don't see that now in May.

Anyway, Outbound best options are 10A or 11D. 10 DEF are not on the map. it shows "closet"
I tend to cross my legs (right leg over left) so 11D seems like it might be better for me than 10A. Even though 10A technically has more legroom. This is an evening flight so i'd like Comfort for drinks and snacks. F upgrade is unlikely. What say you on 10A vs 10D?

On the return I'm on the nonstop red eye and 21A and 21F are both available so I'll skip the Comfort upgrade and sleep with extra legroom in main cabin.

Happy Friday!

Last edited by mridley2; Mar 8, 2019 at 4:25 pm
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by mridley2
I HAVE to fly JFK-PHX-JFK on 737-900ER in May. Delta mostly flies this sardine can on the JFK-PHX nonstop. In January, I caught a random (maybe not?) 757-200S on JFK-PHX which was a nice surprise! Don't see that now in May.

Anyway, Outbound best options are 10A or 10D. I tend to cross my legs (right leg over left) so 10D seems like it might be better for me than 10A. Even though 10A technically has more legroom. This is an evening flight so i'd like Comfort for drinks and snacks. F upgrade is unlikely. What say you on 10A vs 10D?

On the return I'm on the nonstop red eye and 21A and 21F are both available so I'll skip the Comfort upgrade and sleep with extra legroom in main cabin.

Happy Friday!
10D is a closet, so I would pick 10A. Assuming the option was 11D, I would still pick 10A as 11D has restricted legroom and is very uncomfortable. 10A has lots of legroom and is actually a good seat. If it turns out you are on a 738 rather than a 739, which has 10A and 10D, they are interchangeable in terms of legroom (lots of it!) and so the choice comes down to if you prefer aisle or window.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.