Wiki Posts
Search

Best seat on 737-900ER?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2020, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Definitely contains the worst seat on the airplane (perhaps the worst in the mainline fleet).

So far nothing has happened to change my opinion that this is the worst aircraft in the mainline fleet (F included). The only thing I’d want to fly on less is a CR2.
Singleflyer and DiverDave like this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 6:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by Flyer0889
I conditionally disagree about the seat itself. I’m average height/weight, and the pitch/width work for me. Also if the window behind you doesn’t have an under seat bag, you get bonus storage space, control of the window and at least one armrest. you do lose the wall, but only have one person to inconvenience if you have to get up. I would generally choose an aisle further back, but if middles are my option, I’d go with that in a heartbeat. Also you get one bonus that aisle seats don’t have, if your seatmate is elbow happy, you have plenty of space to lean to the window and won’t get jostled by every cart/passenger that goes by.
I think that is fair. I realize that everyone has different preferences. I am sure that it is possible to find the seat comfortable. That said, I think it is important to call out that the seat is both narrower and has less pitch than the average seat. So if someone is thinking that it is equivalent to an aisle seat elsewhere - with the added bonus of the window and bump-free side - then that is an incomplete formula.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 7:51 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
There are only 16 seats I want on 900 and I don't even have to say which ones they are.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum
Trying to decide between 19C or 21A. It seems like 19 doesn't recline, but neither does 18. With 21A, the TV comes up from between the seat reducing seat width, whereas the TVs in 19 are in the seat back? Is that more or less right? Anyone have a hard preference either way?
Old Feb 22, 2023, 4:24 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Despise this aircraft. First Class is hardly more than Econ comfort. Take the last row, avoid the bulkhead, and hope for the best.
You guys are so spoiled! Living in a small city a 739 seems downright luxurious compared to the RJs I’m usually on!
Old Aug 29, 2023, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Had to book relatively minute work trip out west and unfortunately due to schedule can’t take earlier flight with RUC space.

Flying on the 739 for the RDU - SLC portion, sadly 19C/D are not available so I’m left with 21C/D or going the C+ route and do 12D or 13C.

Thoughts? Would like to maximize legroom and not all that worried with paying for drinks (can expense them plus have a bunch of drink coupons I never use)
Old Aug 29, 2023, 11:44 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Duke787
Had to book relatively minute work trip out west and unfortunately due to schedule can’t take earlier flight with RUC space.

Flying on the 739 for the RDU - SLC portion, sadly 19C/D are not available so I’m left with 21C/D or going the C+ route and do 12D or 13C.

Thoughts? Would like to maximize legroom and not all that worried with paying for drinks (can expense them plus have a bunch of drink coupons I never use)
21C/D do not offer extra legroom, take 12D or 13C.
Duke787 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Flew a 739 the other day and only had 3 rows in F. Anyone know anything about this config?
Old Aug 30, 2023, 12:39 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Flew a 739 the other day and only had 3 rows in F. Anyone know anything about this config?
Reference the 737 Master Thread on here. DL has implemented two new 737-900ER variants (73J and 73R). These both only have 3 rows of F, and the 73J only has 1 row of C+

Supposedly these variants are temporary until DL can get them converted to the traditional 739 config. Until that happens they are mostly on short hops ex-ATL for now, which leads to frequent equipment swaps and seat changes.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
21C/D do not offer extra legroom, take 12D or 13C.
Thanks — will make the switch and keep my fingers crossed that my RUC clears (looks like a 50/50 shot at the moment)
Old Sep 20, 2023, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Reference the 737 Master Thread on here. DL has implemented two new 737-900ER variants (73J and 73R). These both only have 3 rows of F, and the 73J only has 1 row of C+
I can't seem to find a "master thread".

I'm on a 73R I guess with three rows of FC and four rows of comfort+.

Currently in 18D which has a star indicating it does not recline. 20A and 21F are both available. From the seat map, it seems both have extra legroom and both recline. None of the seat expert type sites have this variant.

Any recommendations?

TIA!

David
Old Sep 21, 2023, 1:28 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by DiverDave
I can't seem to find a "master thread".

I'm on a 73R I guess with three rows of FC and four rows of comfort+.

Currently in 18D which has a star indicating it does not recline. 20A and 21F are both available. From the seat map, it seems both have extra legroom and both recline. None of the seat expert type sites have this variant.

Any recommendations?

TIA!

David
Here's a link to the master 737 mods thread: Official Delta B737-700/800/900 Mods Thread

Not sure if there's any reviews on those specific seats on the 73R. I haven't sat in any of those seats on that variant yet either. Currently in 15F on a flight in a few days and hoping for either a C+ or F UG.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Just finished first flight on a 73R I was in row 3.

Wow, the first row of comfort plus has enormous leg room, it has three windows. THREE.

And the bulkhead row of first class also has enormous leg room. I think it would have had three windows as it had two plus space enough for one more.

I am told these former Lion Air aircraft are only flying short routes out of Atlanta.

Much more comfortable than Delta’s standard 737, at least in First Class and first row of comfort plus!

David
tardyturtle likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 9:14 am

My wife and are flying from ATL to SFO and hoping to avoid paying the extra $500 for comfort +. Is there an exit row seat with extra leg room on the 737-900ER that does not have IFE in the armrest and has a movable armrest? It's much more comfortable for us to move the armrest up.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 5:23 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
739s seem to be the workhorse aircraft out of DTW. I will see two of them on my next trip in the second week of January: DTW-SEA and SMF-ATL.

The only bad thing about having moved to northern Ohio is the lack of respect that the Big D seems to have for those of us who actually live here; other than a couple of 320s and 321s to and from ATL each day, we get CR9s and E175s with an occasional 717 tossed in. Then we get some of the worst gate assignments at the hub airports (like gate B18 in DTW and gate A13 at MSP, not to mention gates B53 and B55 at JFK and gate 98 at LGA, and gate A34 at ATL). Then they walked away from CAK. Fortunately, Delta has a great ground staff at CLE, and their gates (B2 through B6) are very close to the Pre-Check entrance and the food court.
zeke3 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.