Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Flyertalk DL mbwmbw Party (Bay Area Residents)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2014, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
At this point I am also a "maybe, at the mercy of work schedules.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by javabytes
At this point I am also a "maybe, at the mercy of work schedules.
JavaBytes things won't be the same without you there. Perhaps you can tell work this is an important event.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 11:05 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by brocklee9000
I, as well, cannot make it that weekend. I'll be on the other side of the country, visiting a friend in NYC when his internship finishes. However, I will add my voice to those who also would love to attend, are unable to, and hope/request that another meetup can occur in the (hopefully near) future. I would love to meet mbwmbw, MSPeconomist, and all of the wonderful FTers on this forum.
brocklee, I'd be up for working with you to organize another meet-up at some point although probably not until the Fall. I'd consider coming to one in the Spring, but I'm getting married in June and moving in August, so organizing a meet-up probably isn't in the cards for the Spring or Summer.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by mbwmbw
JavaBytes things won't be the same without you there. Perhaps you can tell work this is an important event.
Sadly, work doesn't know who you are. Or who I am, either, for that matter.

Unfortunately, I'm out.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 1:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Hi All,

I will be organizing (not hosting - yes, you'll have to pay your own way) a get together in downtown SF for Bay Area residents active on the DL SkyMiles forum. If you're in the SF Bay Area (or willing to fly in) and interested please let me know. I'll send out a PM and update this thread (thanks PRWeezer) with details. My guess is the event will occur in late February.

Additional details will be posted soon.

Regards,

mbwmbw

*** UPDATES ***
1/21/2014 - I've posted some PROPOSED PRELIMINARY event details.
1/22/2014 - Updated the event details to clearly set expectations for the weekend.

If you do not see your name on one of the lists below, please update the thread if you can attend during these dates. If the probability is greater than not (for attending) please state that you can. Check back frequently. Once we get some attendee input, I'd like to select a bar and place to eat. Then I'll ask for attendance at each event, but most importantly the dinner, especially if we will need to make reservations.

Attending:
  • us2
  • kjnangre
  • sushi lover (if in town)
  • mbwmbw
  • yyzjake +1

Possibles:
  • SansSerif
  • Sez_Who

The latest update:
Is there yet a location for the Friday night and Saturday stuff or should I just assume that the lack of details means that this has been cancelled?
Old Feb 27, 2014, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mattp1987
brocklee, I'd be up for working with you to organize another meet-up at some point although probably not until the Fall. I'd consider coming to one in the Spring, but I'm getting married in June and moving in August, so organizing a meet-up probably isn't in the cards for the Spring or Summer.
Congratulations!
Where are you moving to?
Have you arranged visas/residency overseas if necessary?
Old Feb 27, 2014, 6:05 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Congrats! I live in a city that probably has probably more weddings than anywhere else in the world. Haha, but seriously, it seems like I know of 6 to 10 people each semester that get engaged, so I know how busy and crazy marriage preparations can be.

Also, I don't know what it takes to arrange one of these meetups or where a good location would be. Perhaps you should ask someone who isn't a 23 year old kid and still in school Again, I hope another meetup like this can happen soon. For me personally, the sooner I know, the better. Still wish I could go to this one.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 7:05 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Congratulations!
Where are you moving to?
Have you arranged visas/residency overseas if necessary?
Originally Posted by brocklee9000
Congrats! I live in a city that probably has probably more weddings than anywhere else in the world. Haha, but seriously, it seems like I know of 6 to 10 people each semester that get engaged, so I know how busy and crazy marriage preparations can be.

Also, I don't know what it takes to arrange one of these meetups or where a good location would be. Perhaps you should ask someone who isn't a 23 year old kid and still in school Again, I hope another meetup like this can happen soon. For me personally, the sooner I know, the better. Still wish I could go to this one.
Thanks both of you. I'm just moving from Florida to Ohio, so despite the fact that this will be my first time living above the Mason-Dixon line I don't have to deal with visa requirements. I do hope to move to Germany in a few years.

My fiancee's cousins went to BYU, and they were all younger than us when they got married (we're 26). I'm assuming that's where you're in school in SLC.

I also don't know if I'm "qualified" to plan one of these either, but I'd be happy to pitch in for planning/organizing if I could.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 8:14 am

Programs: DAL-PM
Looks like I will be on the other side of the world on that weekend....hope you all have fun. If you are interested in a Sushi place, hit Domo Sushi on Laguna street. Not very big, so not really good for the whole group, but if there is a lunch or dinner with only 3 or 4 people, it is really good.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 8:00 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Thanks both of you. I'm just moving from Florida to Ohio, so despite the fact that this will be my first time living above the Mason-Dixon line I don't have to deal with visa requirements. I do hope to move to Germany in a few years.

My fiancee's cousins went to BYU, and they were all younger than us when they got married (we're 26). I'm assuming that's where you're in school in SLC.

I also don't know if I'm "qualified" to plan one of these either, but I'd be happy to pitch in for planning/organizing if I could.
Yep, that's where I happen to be right now, BYU, at least for the time being. I'm lining up my ducks to transfer soon to UVU so I can start flying. I just don't know what it takes to plan one of these, where the best place would be to have a meetup, etc. But if there is any way I can help plan something in the future, I'd definitely give it my best shot.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Quote:

Hi All,

I will be organizing (not hosting - yes, you'll have to pay your own way) a get together in downtown SF for Bay Area residents active on the DL SkyMiles forum. If you're in the SF Bay Area (or willing to fly in) and interested please let me know. I'll send out a PM and update this thread (thanks PRWeezer) with details. My guess is the event will occur in late February.

Additional details will be posted soon.

Regards,

mbwmbw

*** UPDATES ***
1/21/2014 - I've posted some PROPOSED PRELIMINARY event details.
1/22/2014 - Updated the event details to clearly set expectations for the weekend.

If you do not see your name on one of the lists below, please update the thread if you can attend during these dates. If the probability is greater than not (for attending) please state that you can. Check back frequently. Once we get some attendee input, I'd like to select a bar and place to eat. Then I'll ask for attendance at each event, but most importantly the dinner, especially if we will need to make reservations.

Attending:us2
kjnangre
sushi lover (if in town)
mbwmbw
yyzjake +1

Possibles:SansSerif
Sez_Who

The latest update:

Is there yet a location for the Friday night and Saturday stuff or should I just assume that the lack of details means that this has been cancelled?
MSP I'll post details tonight. Sorry about all the delays. I don't think I'll be able to make everyone happy with the location but details coming tonight.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 10:04 pm

Looks like I'll be in town next weekend. Would be great to join and pick everyone's brains.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 8:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
So I guess this was a failure eh? Can't say that I'm surprised given the OP/organizer...
Old Mar 8, 2014, 3:02 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by roknroll
So I guess this was a failure eh? Can't say that I'm surprised given the OP/organizer...
Oh? Do tell?

I know one of the very interested parties was stuck in EWR due to a family emergency.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 3:49 pm
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by roknroll
I have no idea what happened. In any case, it didn't matter as far as I was concerned; I was still planning on going to SFO anyway until last night when I had to pull the plug on the trip due to an unanticipated emergency of my own.

I'd still like to do this at some future point; if anyone is interested in helping pull something together perhaps in early May, shoot me a PM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.