FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Flyertalk DL mbwmbw Party (Bay Area Residents) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1538666-flyertalk-dl-mbwmbw-party-bay-area-residents.html)

mbwmbw Jan 6, 2014 8:33 pm

Flyertalk DL mbwmbw Party (Bay Area Residents)

Hi All,

I will be organizing (not hosting - yes, you'll have to pay your own way) a get together in downtown SF for Bay Area residents active on the DL SkyMiles forum. If you're in the SF Bay Area (or willing to fly in) and interested please let me know. I'll send out a PM and update this thread (thanks PRWeezer) with details. My guess is the event will occur in late February.

Additional details will be posted soon.

Regards,

mbwmbw

*** UPDATES ***
1/21/2014 - I've posted some PROPOSED PRELIMINARY event details.
1/22/2014 - Updated the event details to clearly set expectations for the weekend.

If you do not see your name on one of the lists below, please update the thread if you can attend during these dates. If the probability is greater than not (for attending) please state that you can. Check back frequently. Once we get some attendee input, I'd like to select a bar and place to eat. Then I'll ask for attendance at each event, but most importantly the dinner, especially if we will need to make reservations.

Attending:
  • us2
  • kjnangre
  • sushi lover (if in town)
  • mbwmbw
  • yyzjake +1

Possibles:
  • SansSerif
  • Sez_Who

The latest update:

I am not around in February on the weekends. To accommodate the large interest of those willing to fly into San Francisco, I think a Saturday would be best for the main meetup. If someone else wants to take lead and organize the event in February please let me know, but I will not be around to join :'(.

I propose the meetup be held from March 7-9, 2014.

Expectations:
There may have been some confusion around expectations regarding this event, so I'd like to clear any concerns up. I should have used the word "organize" rather than host. Those who attend should expect to pay their own way through the weekend and at the various events. This includes, but is not limited to, transportation (airline, taxi, BART, muni, etc.), food, beverage, and hotel. For those of you wondering, I've been in touch with DL and they will not count expense other than DL airfare towards MQD. I suggest you contact DL.dumb for the exact MQD you'll earn by taking this journey.

Once the various venues are selected, I will post estimated costs for those locations.

I'll be there merely as another guest of the FlyerTalk community. Perhaps, though, if you are lucky, I will procure you an cocktail (if you are of legal drinking age and do drink), or a mocktail (if not). Sorry for all of you who were hoping I'd be footing your bill, or for any other confusion around this and thank you to those who brought this to my attention :).

Proposed Event Timeline:

Friday, March 7, 2014:
Pre-game

Those who are flying in early for the weekend could have a small get-together somewhere downtown, close to the BART.

Saturday, March 8, 2014:
The Main Event.

We could have a meetup at the DL SkyClub for those flying in from 8am - to whenever (just really depends on when people are flying in). I'm hoping we'll have enough SkyClub members to guest people in who don't have AMEX.

Later in the day/evening the group would meetup at a SPG Hotel downtown (for those who actually live in the bay area, or don't want to pay the $16 to BART for a round trip ticket to the airport).

Following this would be a dinner for those who wish to attend.

Sunday, March 9, 2014:
After Party.

To be determined. Perhaps a group event if anyone is interested?
Comments?

ryandc99 Jan 6, 2014 8:39 pm

let me know.

GRALISTAIR Jan 6, 2014 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by mbwmbw (Post 22100099)
Hi All,
I will be hosting a get together in downtown SF for Bay Area residents active on the DL SkyMiles forum. If you're in the SF Bay Area (or willing to fly in) and interested please let me know. I'll send out a PM with details. My guess is the event will occur in late February.Additional details will be posted soon.
Regards, mbwmbw

If I can make this I will - I am hoping to make this work.

suvayanr Jan 6, 2014 8:58 pm

Let me know.

NewMexFlyer Jan 6, 2014 9:07 pm

let me know.

Dalat767 Jan 6, 2014 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR (Post 22100130)
If I can make this I will - I am hoping to make this work.

+1.

javabytes Jan 6, 2014 9:09 pm

It's a possibility, depending on date and location. Who could pass up a chance to meet the legendary mbwmbw in person?

irishPirate Jan 6, 2014 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by javabytes (Post 22100283)
Who could pass up a chance to meet the legendary mbwmbw in person?

Or any of the other fine folk here?

I could try to swing a trip to the bay area.

Builderman Jan 6, 2014 9:30 pm

I'm in.

PRWeezer Jan 6, 2014 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by mbwmbw (Post 22100099)
Hi All,
... I'll send out a PM with details....
Regards,
mbwmbw

Why restrict details to a PM? Typically when FT get togethers are organized the details are provided publicly to all who may wish to attend, often w a public RSVP added to the thread and a specific post reserved where the OP tracks those attending. Typically the OP would reserve a 'blank' post #2 in his/her thread for this purpose.

Or keep it to yourself. Godspeed.

mbwmbw Jan 6, 2014 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by PRWeezer (Post 22100417)
Why restrict details to a PM? Typically when FT get togethers are organized the details are provided publicly to all who may wish to attend, often w a public RSVP added to the thread and a specific post reserved where the OP tracks those attending. Typically the OP would reserve a 'blank' post #2 in his/her thread for this purpose.

Or keep it to yourself. Godspeed.

Agreed. I will send it out via PM and via the forum (in this post) for everyone. Next time I know to put a blank #2 post :-/.

soccerfanz10 Jan 6, 2014 9:54 pm

A party! Put me down as another possible, depending on details.

skchin Jan 6, 2014 9:57 pm

What are we eating?

McGowan06 Jan 6, 2014 10:26 pm

Very interested. Thanks!

-McGowan

gooselee Jan 6, 2014 10:40 pm

I may be in the area. If so, count me in.