Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Flyertalk DL mbwmbw Party (Bay Area Residents)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk DL mbwmbw Party (Bay Area Residents)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2015, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by CMK10
That really shouldn't matter. Nor should it make you idolize someone who does. In my experience, amount of money often is inversely proportional to amount of character.
very true indeed ^
Old Feb 17, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
That really shouldn't matter. Nor should it make you idolize someone who does. In my experience, amount of money often is inversely proportional to amount of character.
i think he is pretty amazing that he can get so many miles as he start the game much later than me. he is good at the hobby and he is willing to spend the money.

he showed me his MQM and MQD, and he told me that he had over 10K of VDB. netting that out, he still spend a lot of money flying to no where.

i am a leisure mileage runner not from usa. i made my status cheaply. i got diamond for 1600 usd (and VDB voucher on top). i made UA 1k for 2500 USD (and some vouchers). and i enjoy my trips by going to new places as much as i could. so. his way to spending money to rack up miles is just impressive to me, and i would not do it even if i have afford it (i can afford to spend 20000 USD just on mileage running easily, but why?)

as a mileage runner, he is just classes above me using my judgement. i dont really idolize him as i wouldnt spend as much money on him on getting MQM even with rollover. i think he is an accomplished mileage runner.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
This thread got me excited, thinking I was about to have the opportunity to meet the (in)famous mbw...
Old Feb 17, 2015, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
This thread got me excited, thinking I was about to have the opportunity to meet the (in)famous mbw...
you will have to fly UA or AA to meet him.
i only interact with him at the Pearl lounge in KWI and United club at IAD.
he was flying business class from BAH to IAD while i had 3 seats from KWI to IAD. i think he is just joking around online to have fun.

he did have over 600K MQM (he had over 700 MQM in his dec statement, he met the PQD without the need of waiver.) so. he is not lying about his status. he did call 1k desk for rerouting via HNL. so. i believe when he claimed he got crazy reroute on delta since he would actually ask for it (which i dont.)

i am not even at 600K on my delta lifetime status... and i had my first NW status in 2001!
Old Feb 17, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: Delta FO
Get a room, you two.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Starting to question whether pbd & mbw are the same person.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: Delta DM/1.3MM, Marriott PP/LTP, Natl EE, Etihad Guest, FT FNG
Starting to question whether pbd & mbw are the same person.
He does have multiple alias', if not multiple personalties.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 2:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
We one had a member far more interesting and with much more class than mbwmbw. His name was Thomas Hudson and he is sorely missed.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
We one had a member far more interesting and with much more class. His name was Thomas Hudson and he is sorely missed.
^
Old Feb 17, 2015, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Because he spends a lot of money on airlines? That's not what makes someone have class
I have seen the difference between K and W on UA be only £160 RT on a TATL fare, so not a lot of money.
Also, maybe he was on a W fare in order to use a SWU?
(as well, said UA W fare was still cheaper than the cheapest comparable BA/AA fare.)
Old Feb 17, 2015, 5:21 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
I have seen the difference between K and W on UA be only £160 RT on a TATL fare, so not a lot of money.
Also, maybe he was on a W fare in order to use a SWU?
(as well, said UA W fare was still cheaper than the cheapest comparable BA/AA fare.)
I'm on a W fare in April from SDF-ORD-RDU. I spent $160. Guess I'm in a high class now too.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 9:40 am

I'm on a W fare in April from SDF-ORD-RDU. I spent $160. Guess I'm in a high class now too.
are u mileage running on that trip?

the difference is whether one spends 600 on a K fare or 1500 on a W fare to do a turn around in Feb of the elite year.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 10:02 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pbd456
are u mileage running on that trip?

the difference is whether one spends 600 on a K fare or 1500 on a W fare to do a turn around in Feb of the elite year.
No I'm not, I actually like to see the places I fly to, nor do I think having higher status is a goal in and of itself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.