Upgrade list question

Old Jan 5, 14, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Upgrade list question

I'm a Platinum, and just checked the upgrade list for a LAS- JFK flight at 1030 Pacific Time this afternoon. While the ticket is only an X class ticket, i am number 18 out of 31 on the upgrade list. How is it possible to have so few people below me? Does this have anything to do with all the cancellations out of JFK this week? or is class of ticket now weighted higher than status level.

Last edited by ERG86; Jan 5, 14 at 8:45 am
Old Jan 5, 14, 8:35 am

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
There is a big technology convention (CES) in Vegas this week. That would definitely explain high elite numbers on JFK-LAX, but I'm not sure about your flight (the reverse)? Maybe outbound personnel who were in LAS to set up?
Old Jan 5, 14, 9:46 am

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
OP, Welcome to FT! There have been a number of comments recently reporting a glitch in how the upgrade & standby lists display. It seems sometimes there are confirmed passengers awaiting a seat assignment who "appear" to be ahead of those listed for an upgrade, though the former are most likely awaiting a seat in coach and aren't on the upgrade list...if that makes sense.

The website list & mobile app lists are reported to appear differently due to this glitch, and at the moment I can't recall which is said to be more accurate. Perhaps others will weigh in & direct you to which list will give you a better picture of your spot on the upgrade list.
Old Jan 5, 14, 10:22 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
IME, the app is more accurate. Are you checking the list on the website or app?
Old Jan 5, 14, 10:28 am
TTT

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NYCflip View Post
IME, the app is more accurate. Are you checking the list on the website or app?
This.

The website commingles the standby/seat request list with the upgrade list. Some of the people above you might be confirmed passengers in Y awaiting a seat assignment since it lists people with confirmed seats before those on standby (as an upgrade requester you are technically on standby for the F cabin).
Old Jan 5, 14, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
Upgrade list question

To answer one of your questions, status is still ahead of fare class in the priority for upgrade rankings with the exception of Y fares. There really might be that many DM/PMs ahead of you particularly since you have the one of the lowest fare classes. Also, only the people checked in show up on the list. Maybe all the highest status people are amped up about the flight and checked in early while GMs and FOs are disproportionally checking in later.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: