Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GM/skyteam elite plus - lounge access?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
Ok resurrecting an old thread. I'm flying to PTY next month. As a GM I would have access to the Delta lounges along the way. I searched for lounges in the Sky team website and they list the COPA VIP lounge as a result. Anyone have any luck accessing the lounge on a Delta ticket using the SkyTeam benefit (DL GM). AF, KLM, and Aeromexico all fly to Panama.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 12:39 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by fsuj25
Ok resurrecting an old thread. I'm flying to PTY next month. As a GM I would have access to the Delta lounges along the way. I searched for lounges in the Sky team website and they list the COPA VIP lounge as a result. Anyone have any luck accessing the lounge on a Delta ticket using the SkyTeam benefit (DL GM). AF, KLM, and Aeromexico all fly to Panama.
As a DL DM flying on DL from PTY to ATL, I was told that I would not have lounge access. No idea if that lounge is any good, but it would have been nice since there isn't much to do at the airport (though it was efficient).
Old Dec 28, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
No access. With a few exceptions, you only get access to Delta SkyClubs and the lounges of other SkyTeam carriers. You also get access to some VS SkyClubs and (oddly) the contract lounge at HND.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
As a DL DM flying on DL from PTY to ATL, I was told that I would not have lounge access. No idea if that lounge is any good, but it would have been nice since there isn't much to do at the airport (though it was efficient).
Caribbean is excluded from DL's definition of Int'l itinerary for the purpose of lounge access with a DL ticket.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

PTY would be part of Central America, not the Caribbean, and thus should not be excluded from access. You can find the list of destinations that DL includes in the Caribbean here in their list of contact numbers (which is linked from the Sky Club access rules page):

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...ices.html.html

Last edited by xliioper; Dec 28, 2016 at 9:12 pm
Old Dec 28, 2016, 3:47 pm

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
No access. With a few exceptions, you only get access to Delta SkyClubs and the lounges of other SkyTeam carriers. You also get access to some VS SkyClubs and (oddly) the contract lounge at HND.
Thanks, this is what I suspected. It was odd that the SkyTeam webpage listed the Copa lounge as an option on their search results. It didn't make sense to me but stranger things have happened.

FWIW I've heard good reviews of the CM lounge in Guatemala so I would expect the one at PTY would be as good or better.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, this is what I suspected. It was odd that the SkyTeam webpage listed the Copa lounge as an option on their search results. It didn't make sense to me but stranger things have happened.

FWIW I've heard good reviews of the CM lounge in Guatemala so I would expect the one at PTY would be as good or better.
The Skyteam website lounge listings is riddled with stale information and should not be relied upon. Copa left Skyteam way back in 2009 (when Continental left) and is now part of Star Alliance. The DL lounge finder is generally more accurate and should be used whenever you are flying DL (as DL excludes access to third party lounges to it's Skyteam Elite Plus members).

There are no lounges in PTY available for Skyteam members. As I mentioned in my post above, PTY is NOT considered to be in the Caribbean. It is part of Central America and is thus eligible for lounge access. You should be able to access the DL Sky Clubs in ATL.

Last edited by xliioper; Dec 28, 2016 at 9:28 pm
Old Sep 11, 2022, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Hello flyers - Anyone know if I will have access to Copa CLUB in PTY? I'm a PM (earned) traveling PTY-ATL-LGA next Monday 9/19. per skyteam lounge site "You can access this lounge if you are an eligible passenger traveling on an international flight operated by the "following airlines: Aeromex, KLM, Air France.

We are flying Delta... Most likely in Comfort+ unless an upgrade miracle happens. seems unlikely with 2 seats left in First.

Thanks
Old Sep 11, 2022, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mridley2
Hello flyers - Anyone know if I will have access to Copa CLUB in PTY? I'm a PM (earned) traveling PTY-ATL-LGA next Monday 9/19. per skyteam lounge site "You can access this lounge if you are an eligible passenger traveling on an international flight operated by the "following airlines: Aeromex, KLM, Air France.

We are flying Delta... Most likely in Comfort+ unless an upgrade miracle happens. seems unlikely with 2 seats left in First.

Thanks
No even in F no access. ST website shows both ST lounges and lounges individual airlines have contracted with. It even tells you the airlines you must be flying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.