Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GM/skyteam elite plus - lounge access?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:10 am
Original Poster

GM/skyteam elite plus - lounge access?

New GM which apparently also gives me "Skyteam Elite Plus" status. Read somewhere that this allows me into any skyteam lounge when travelling on an international ticket? Is this indeed the case or are there restrictions regarding lounges, fare classes, etc....

I have 3 international trips coming up in the next few months:
JFK->SXM (all Delta). Can i get into the Delta lounge at JFK T4? Or any other skyteam lounge at JFK? Or is SXM not considered international enough?? I dont believe there is a lounge I can use at SXM

LGA->ATL->PTY->ATL->LGA (all Delta). I dont believe there are any skyteam lounges at PTY, can I get into the Delta lounges at LGA or ATL?? Or is PTY not considered international enough??

JFK->AMS->IST->CDG->JFK (Delta from the US to/from Europe, KLM/AF to/from Turkey). Am I able to use any lounge at these airports? Or am I limited to the airline I'm about to fly on?

Admittedly these are all low fare code tickets in coach (X or V i believe) does that limit me?

Thanks.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From the access rules -- http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-of-terms.html

International travel for the purposes of lounge access excludes the Caribbean --
"Customers traveling to/from Europe, Asia, South America, Central America, Africa, Canada, and Mexico (excludes travel to/from the Caribbean)."

For actual available lounge locations, refer to -- http://www.delta.com/skyclub/viewSky...Request.action and select the "Delta SkyTeam Elite Plus Member" button.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:18 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
For IST trip you should be able to use lounges before all departures and during connection (nice lounges at AMS and CDG).

Unfortunately, Delta excludes Caribbean from lounge access. I'm guessing Panama as well. But try ask, you never know.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
For IST trip you should be able to use lounges before all departures and during connection (nice lounges at AMS and CDG).

Unfortunately, Delta excludes Caribbean from lounge access. I'm guessing Panama as well. But try ask, you never know.
Panama would fall under Central America which would allow access.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What happened to Canada on the list? Is DL still doing the confusing thing of allowing transborder GM+ access only to certain SCs?
Old Dec 18, 2013, 9:00 am
Original Poster

For my Panama trip, would that possibly get me access in LGA? Or would it only be in ATL as i'm connecting to an int'l leg?

THanks everyone for the help.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 9:01 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by injera
For my Panama trip, would that possibly get me access in LGA? Or would it only be in ATL as i'm connecting to an int'l leg?

Yes to LGA assuming that you have a same day connection on the same ticket/PNR.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels

When using ST Elite Plus benefits, you should be able to use the lounge at both originating and connection airports.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What happened to Canada on the list? Is DL still doing the confusing thing of allowing transborder GM+ access only to certain SCs?
My DW has no issue using her gifted GM for SC/lounge access flying out of YYZ even to and from US.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's still there (right after Africa).
Old Dec 18, 2013, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ
It's still there (right after Africa).
Sorry, you're right. It looks like Canada is now being treated like most other foreign countries, at least for elite SC access.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Only issue with Canadian SC access as GM+ is there doesn't seem to be any SC in the US trans-border departure holding pens, post CBP clearance.

DL still list the AF/KL international departure lounge as accessible with a SC or GM+ which is physically impossible for DL US flights.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:03 pm

At one point, IIRC certain transborder passengers (maybe FULL Y or paid FC tickets) could use the SC at DTW and a few other airports, but not most SCs. There was something weird in the rules about Canada. Is this rule still on the books?
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At one point, IIRC certain transborder passengers (maybe FULL Y or paid FC tickets) could use the SC at DTW and a few other airports, but not most SCs. There was something weird in the rules about Canada. Is this rule still on the books?
I don't know about the exact rule but DW did not have any issue with SC access flying US/Canada at LAX, SFO SEA MSP ATL DTW JFK MIA with her gifted GM status.
She was not permitted to use SC when flying LAX SFO only when it was not connecting same day to a flight to Canada even though the US only legs were part of a "intl" itinerary. (YYZ DTW LAX, LAX SFO, SFO MSP YYZ)
Old Dec 18, 2013, 2:13 pm

Programs: WFBF, Marriott Titanium
LGA->ATL->PTY->ATL->LGA (all Delta). I dont believe there are any skyteam lounges at PTY, can I get into the Delta lounges at LGA or ATL?? Or is PTY not considered international enough??
I just went to Panama last month and can verify you will have access to all SkyClubs as long as traveling same day + 1 guest. There is no lounge for SkyTeam in PTY. However, Priority Pass has a lounge, if applicable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.