Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Upgrade List Issues

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2013, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Delta Upgrade List Issues

Hi all,

Checked in for my flight on my phone. Didn't see myself on the upgrade list. Checked in on the computer still didn't see myself on the upgrade list. Called in and spoke to an agent, they talked to a supervisor and supervisor claimed there is a problem with the system right now where it is not showing upgrades on the standby list and that I would have to request the upgrade at the airport.

Is anyone else not appearing on the upgrade list for their flights today?

Regards,

Mbwmbw
Old Oct 17, 2013, 5:47 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
I would have thought a Delta Double Diamond needn't concern themselves with petty things like upgrade lists.

I have already been upgraded today so I can't help you with your question.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by TTT
I would have thought a Delta Double Diamond needn't concern themselves with petty things like upgrade lists.

I have already been upgraded today so I can't help you with your question.
Thank you . I was rather surprised too. When does airport control take over the upgrade list? Is it T-3? I am trying to get an idea of how early I need to get there to ensure my upgrade priority isn't lost...
Old Oct 17, 2013, 6:02 am

Programs: DL 2MM GM
I was listed last night and am listed this AM for a flight later today. both on Android and computer. By the way, this flight will renew Platinum and no upgrade.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 6:04 am

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
How much did you ask for in compensation? Or will you wait to see where the chips fall first?
Old Oct 17, 2013, 6:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mbwmbw
Hi all,

Checked in for my flight on my phone. Didn't see myself on the upgrade list. Checked in on the computer still didn't see myself on the upgrade list. Called in and spoke to an agent, they talked to a supervisor and supervisor claimed there is a problem with the system right now where it is not showing upgrades on the standby list and that I would have to request the upgrade at the airport.

Is anyone else not appearing on the upgrade list for their flights today?

Regards,

Mbwmbw
Did you see whether your upgrade was requested earlier? Was the ticket purchased through DL? Why wasn't your double daimondness upgraded at the window? Weren't you paying attention then?

AFAIK DL flights normally go to airport control at T- 3 but GAs arrive much later. IIRC there's a rule that upgrades technically must be requested before T - 3. Did the supervisor explain how an airport agent can put you on the upgrade list but a DM line supervisor cannot do this?

HUACB at least several times. Twit to @DeltaAssist?
Old Oct 17, 2013, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tmontemb
How much did you ask for in compensation? Or will you wait to see where the chips fall first?
I will wait to see where the chips fall on the upgrade; however, I am unlikely to ask for compensation over this.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Did you see whether your upgrade was requested earlier? Was the ticket purchased through DL? Why wasn't your double daimondness upgraded at the window? Weren't you paying attention then?

AFAIK DL flights normally go to airport control at T- 3 but GAs arrive much later. IIRC there's a rule that upgrades technically must be requested before T - 3. Did the supervisor explain how an airport agent can put you on the upgrade list but a DM line supervisor cannot do this?

HUACB at least several times. Twit to @DeltaAssist?
Hi MSP!

It is an award ticket directly though DL. I don't know why I wasn't upgraded at the Window (I think honestly because there was an error - they say the upgrade has been pending the entire time)

After calling back 6 times (during my 6th call) and after about 7 Tweets with Delta a SLC agent was finally able to fix the issue. Each agent before that (including the two supervisors that I talked to - upon request) were not able to fix it. They said they can't add to the list and I would have to wait to go to the airport. The first supervisor said it was a system wide error and everyone was having issues (obviously not true). When I talked to the last agent, a 15 year SLC vet, she tried reissuing the ticket first. That didn't work, then she looked at the endorsements and found that there was a "free ticket" endorsement on it which was hanging up her the ability for me to be placed on the upgrade list. She removed the endorsement and manually added me to the upgrade list since I was already checked in.

We were talking and wanted to see if removing the endorsement would have fixed the problem alone so she removed me back off the list and then I checked in and sure enough the DL It system re-added me automatically. I don't know why it took 6 agents, 2 supervisors, and @DeltaAssist over 2 hours of trying to figure this out when this one super-star agent figured it out in less than 10 minutes...

Needless to say she will be getting a wonderful compliment from me.

Regards,

mbwmbw
Old Oct 17, 2013, 7:14 am

Programs: DL Skymiles FO, Marriott Rewards, Hilton HHonors, Hertz #1 Club Gold
MBWMBW, glad you got your issues resolved. I encountered similar incompetence yesterday when calling to remove myself from the upgrade list (wanted to fly in the back of a DC-9, call me crazy...) for one flight out of a roundtrip itinerary. The first agent said she could not take me off of the list for one flight and that it would be noted in my permanent record that I declined upgrades, and maybe I could talk to an airport agent about un-requesting for that one flight. I told her don't change anything and hung up. Second agent was able to do what I asked.

Why oh why is their call center so inconsistent?!?
Old Oct 17, 2013, 7:34 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by WidgetHead
MBWMBW, glad you got your issues resolved. I encountered similar incompetence yesterday when calling to remove myself from the upgrade list (wanted to fly in the back of a DC-9, call me crazy...) for one flight out of a roundtrip itinerary. The first agent said she could not take me off of the list for one flight and that it would be noted in my permanent record that I declined upgrades, and maybe I could talk to an airport agent about un-requesting for that one flight. I told her don't change anything and hung up. Second agent was able to do what I asked.

Noted in your permanent record? This sounds like junior high school. DL should be happy when someone voluntarily declines an upgrade.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 7:51 am

Programs: DL Skymiles FO, Marriott Rewards, Hilton HHonors, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Noted in your permanent record? This sounds like junior high school. DL should be happy when someone voluntarily declines an upgrade.
Seriously! I thought the same thing :-)

I don't know the call centers well, but it's worth noting that that the first agent had a foreign accent, which sounded to me to be of Asian descent. She definitely did not sound like she knew how to do what I asked.

The second sounded US-based and was accomplished in 2 minutes or less.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 9:15 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by WidgetHead

Intersting, I've been told the same thing--that they can't un-request an upgrade for a single flight--by @DeltaAssist.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by mudpuppy
Intersting, I've been told the same thing--that they can't un-request an upgrade for a single flight--by @DeltaAssist.
I've never tried, but there's a separate button for each segment saying upgrade requested or whatever, although when you book on delta.dumb, the advanced booking page has the request upgrade box checked for the entire itinerary.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 10:29 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mudpuppy
Funny - I have had @DeltaAssist remove me from the upgrade list before. It took one DM and it was done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.