Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Watered down

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2013, 6:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I've never had a problem with the liquor service except for one occasion when dealing with a flight attendant who was based near a salty lake in Utah.

Last edited by readywhenyouare; Aug 12, 2013 at 8:31 pm
Old Aug 12, 2013, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AmerPar
Going forward when I order a fourth drink on a transcontinental flight, I would prefer that you simply tell me that you have a three drink limit vs watering down my drink. Yes I am able to tell.
Hmm, maybe it had something to do with the six you had in the SC before the flt, eh?

But seriously, you should have been on a t-con with me a few months ago. Guy in 2D asked for two minis, JD I think, and a glass of water. When served, he put the minis in his bag after the FA walked away. Did this a second time about an hour later, then again another hour later. Got his fourth double minis before landing, all of them went into his bag.

After landing, walked off a happy camper with 8 shots and never did finish his water.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by vickersja
Post of the month, yes. But i think the lifetime post still goes to the Mosquito.
Which one is that? That username has over 200 posts...
Old Aug 12, 2013, 7:16 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Nothing current
Originally Posted by quinnpm
Which one is that? That username has over 200 posts...
I believe he means this thread. Definitely destined to become a classic!

-S
Old Aug 12, 2013, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Maybe by your fourth drink somehow the ice had managed to melt a little bit and make the drink slightly "watered down". I imagine if the crew had the ice bucket sitting out that naturally it would start to melt as the cabin is not under 32 F. I highly doubt that an FA short changed you on booze poured out of a mini bottle.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Def. Should go to the most trivial complaint thread.... At least you got a fourth... Some have reported not...

IBTL (or merge)
Yes IBTM or IBTL - but the mosquito has it.

Oh and including my PDB, I once managed 4 on an ATL-JFK - my wife commented that it was too many. Bloody Mary's too.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 7:22 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
Reminds me of every beer they serve, but that's no fault of the FA's.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 8:16 pm

Programs: Household of Delta GM & PM, SWA RR CP, Bonvoy Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold, Budget RZ
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I've never had a problem with the liquor service except for one occasion when deign with a flight attendant who was based near a salty lake in Utah.
^
Old Aug 12, 2013, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by vickersja
Post of the month, yes. But i think the lifetime post still goes to the Mosquito.

Yes. Just thinking about that thread makes me laugh. I'm glad I found it while the bite was still fresh.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA, WN & many Hotels... avoids UA like the plague!
Originally Posted by AmerPar
Dear my good friends at Delta,

Going forward when I order a fourth drink on a transcontinental flight, I would prefer that you simply tell me that you have a three drink limit vs watering down my drink. Yes I am able to tell.

I guess this is a first world problem. Though I've never experiences this on an international flight...
Congratulations, at least you are not asking for 7,654,321 MQMs or a bunch of regular miles, or a couple of SWUs or a RT ticket or something else.... Then again, I dont want to give you ideas...
Old Aug 12, 2013, 9:09 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
I think you can tell which FA's are drinkers in their off-time by how they serve you.

I've been cut off after 2, and not cut off after 5. Destination can also come into play. Vegas, Cancun, etc can be a little more relaxed than say... Buffalo.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 9:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Watered down

I once had a FA hesitate to give me and ask me if I was sure I could handle a 4th double Bailey's... On SEA-NRT LOL. 9 hour flight and Bailey's is what, 35 proof at most? At no time could i even feel the alcohol. She said just in case here are a few packs of pretzels. Then again she'd already had one drunk and disorderly pax puke all over a lav rendering it inop.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 10:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by HongKonger
At no time could i even feel the alcohol.
Interesting you should mention that. I've had the same experience. For whatever reason I have never been able to get a good buzz while in the air. Apparently for some people the altitude increases the effects of alcohol on them. It seems to work in reverse on me.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 11:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Quote:

Originally Posted by HongKonger

At no time could i even feel the alcohol.

Interesting you should mention that. I've had the same experience. For whatever reason I have never been able to get a good buzz while in the air. Apparently for some people the altitude increases the effects of alcohol on them. It seems to work in reverse on me.
For me I think it was just the fact that it was Bailey's. If it had been double Woodfords I never would have made it to 4. Also, I'd eaten the meal and drank plenty of water.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 12:19 am

Programs: DL GM; SPG- Gold; HH-Diamond; IHG-Gold
3 drink limit on a transcon???? I've been served double that on an MSP-DTW with no prob.

(Not that this level of consumption is in any way my norm..... This was several years ago when I was first a silver. Upgrades were even fewer and far between than and I got a bit "over zealous" about getting the most out of an upgrade.....)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.