Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Mosquito Bite at Hotel--What do you do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2013, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,DL,CZ

I recently was bitten by Mosquito when I stayed at one RC hotel. I found this in the morning but could not find the mosquito at the room.

I reported this issue to the hotel. The hotel guest service director came to my room and provided me with the medicine and offered me the luxurious airport transportation and lunch. Since it was not the lunch time, I suggest them to give me the club benefit for my next visit instead. The director accepted immediately.

Has anybody had such mosquito bite at the any other hotels including RC? How did the hotel handle such case? Did I overreact for such issue?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:06 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
If the mosquito held a platinum or gold card it was within its rights to dine on you. If it did not hold status then you should get 7 nights free at any RC in the world.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by johnaalex
If the mosquito held a platinum or gold card it was within its rights to dine on you. If it did not hold status then you should get 7 nights free at any RC in the world.
I would consider it is a joke. But how comes the gold or platinum card gives you any dining benefit at RC?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
since you never found the mosquito in your room how do you know that it was even there???
if the area has mosquitos you could have been bitten outside the RC location..........mosquitos are mosquitos or did it leave it's name card and address to be identified

Originally Posted by tylorcl
I recently was bitten by Mosquito when I stayed at one RC hotel. I found this in the morning but could not find the mosquito at the room.

I reported this issue to the hotel. The hotel guest service director came to my room and provided me with the medicine and offered me the luxurious airport transportation and lunch. Since it was not the lunch time, I suggest them to give me the club benefit for my next visit instead. The director accepted immediately.

Has anybody had such mosquito bite at the any other hotels including RC? How did the hotel handle such case? Did I overreact for such issue?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
since you never found the mosquito in your room how do you know that it was even there???
if the area has mosquitos you could have been bitten outside the RC location..........mosquitos are mosquitos or did it leave it's name card and address to be identified
Oh, I forgot to mention that I found one on the bath tub but I beat it to death but without blood. Does that count?

If that does not count, basically you need to prove yourself being bitten by mosquito inside the hotels, right? But what if it bit you and flied away or hid somewhere you could not find? And even if you find the mosquito full of your blood, you need to prove the blood is the same type as yours, right?

If you are bitten by a dog and it ran away,you need to catch that dog and do the all the dental match to make sure you are bitten by that dog, not the other dog, right?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:53 am
Suspended

since you want the RC to be responsible for your mosquito bite, correct, it's up to you to show that the mosquito was on the property and the property should have known or prevented it from being there, perhaps by setting up a mosquito exclusion zone.......
since the mosquito you allegedly killed did not have blood inside it was more likely then not the mosquito that allegedly bit you.....
have you turned the dead mosquito in for mosquito-DNA analysis????

Oh, I forgot to mention that I found one on the bath tub but I beat it to death but without blood. Does that count?

If that does not count, basically you need to prove yourself being bitten by mosquito inside the hotels, right? But what if it bit you and flied away or hid somewhere you could not find? And even if you find the mosquito full of your blood, you need to prove the blood is the same type as yours, right?

If you are bitten by a dog and it ran away,you need to catch that dog and do the all the dental match to make sure you are bitten by that dog, not the other dog, right?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:57 am
Original Poster

since you want the RC to be responsible for your mosquito bite, correct, it's up to you to show that the mosquito was on the property and the property should have known or prevented it from being there, perhaps by setting up a mosquito exclusion zone.......
since the mosquito you allegedly killed did not have blood inside it was not the mosquito that allegedly bit you.....
I just reported the fact I was bitten by mosquito. I only showed them the bite on my arm and the mosquito on the bath tub. They did not ask me to prove it. They even can doubt that I may intentionally brought that mosquito into the room but they did not. They offered the goodwill gesture to me.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 1:01 am
Suspended

that was very nice of the (unnamed) RC property.........
so now you got what you wanted..........club benefits.......
but aren't you afraid that if you return to the same RC that the same, or another, mosquito will bite you!!!???

I just reported the fact I was bitten by mosquito. I only showed them the bite on my arm and the mosquito on the bath tub. They did not ask me to prove it. They even can doubt that I may intentionally brought that mosquito into the room but they did not. They offered the goodwill gesture to me.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 1:19 am
Original Poster

that was very nice of the (unnamed) RC property.........
so now you got what you wanted..........club benefits.......
but aren't you afraid that if you return to the same RC that the same, or another, mosquito will bite you!!!???
Yes. I actually returned to that hotel and got bitten by mosquito again at the gym, probably! The hotel sent me the ointment this time. What can I say? I did not catch the mosquito this time. The hotel staff did receive the report from other guests that there is mosquito in the fitness center area.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 3:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Mosquito bites happen. One bite or one mosquito is hardly an incident for which the hotel can be blamed. However, if the room had damaged screens on the windows, or a nest of hundreds of mosquitoes, then maybe the hotel would have some responsibility.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 3:26 am

This IS a joke right?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Mosquito bites happen. One bite or one mosquito is hardly an incident for which the hotel can be blamed. However, if the room had damaged screens on the windows, or a nest of hundreds of mosquitoes, then maybe the hotel would have some responsibility.
So you mean the right way is to keep quite when such things happen, right? I did not say it is an accident, I would describe it as an issue.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trooper
This IS a joke right?
It is not, except the first reply. But the way I described to prove that I am bitten by the mosquito in the hotel is funny, right?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 4:40 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
They noted in your file you were a nut case, and the manager is shaking his head.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by satman40
They noted in your file you were a nut case, and the manager is shaking his head.
I would not think it is a nut case. But I can understand you might go away quietly with the mosquito bite no matter how bad you are bitten.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.