Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2020, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by audio-nut
MIL was denied at LAX today flying SLC-LAX(DL)-MEX(AM) in J. She should have had access, right?
DL now only provides access on D1 flights (unless you fly international (except Caribbean) and have Skyteam Elite Plus status) and LAX-MEX is not a D1 route. Doesn't matter if you are flying it on DL or AM metal. Example DL fare basis for this route -- XNNL0NFS. The 'F' means first class, not D1.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 3:02 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by xliioper
DL now only provides access on D1 flights (unless you fly international (except Caribbean) and have Skyteam Elite Plus status) and LAX-MEX is not a D1 route. Doesn't matter if you are flying it on DL or AM metal. Example DL fare basis for this route -- XNNL0NFS. The 'F' means first class, not D1.
As she was flying on AM operated metal, she should have been granted access based on SkyTeam rules.

When traveling on a SkyTeam flight (excluding Delta):
Customers traveling on a same-day international First or Business class ticket on a SkyTeam-operated flight.
In order to qualify for Club access, the customer must be confirmed in the First or Business class cabin for the international segment of their journey
Find the list of SkyTeam member airlines here
*International Travel includes: Customers traveling to/from Europe, Asia, South America, Central America, Africa, Canada and Mexico (excludes travel to/from the Caribbean, Guam, Palau and Saipan).
(https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/access)

Though the asterisk itself only appears in the section pertaining to DL metal, not ST metal. Either way, Mexico should be eligible.

Mexico continues to be a difficult place for club agents to understand. Before I had the AMEX Platinum, I ran into this issue several times.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by xliioper
Incorrect. Flying AM does indeed mean you get access if in F.

Flying DL metal is where despite wording that says no, things get more complex. Multiple passengers including me, have been told itwas an oversight in how policy was written and that DL to/from Canada/Mexico in F does still get access. YMMV on this. However there's no question when on a ST partner.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 8:47 am

The fewer people in the club, the better!
Old Jan 12, 2020, 8:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Incorrect. Flying AM does indeed mean you get access if in F.

Flying DL metal is where despite wording that says no, things get more complex. Multiple passengers including me, have been told itwas an oversight in how policy was written and that DL to/from Canada/Mexico in F does still get access. YMMV on this. However there's no question when on a ST partner.
This happened to me in May 2019. Flying LAX/MEX first class Delta. Talked to 3 people in the SkyClub, pulled up the policy, and if I was on Aeromexico I would have had access. They didn't budge. After that fiasco, a few months later I applied for and received a Amex Platinum card so I know I'll get access to skyclub or another lounge depending on the carrier. I know I don't have to sit in that awful terminal with all those people and noise 😞. LAX is one of the worse airports around. Very dingy!

On edit:. I have another flight from LAX to MEX in about a month, but this time on Aeromexico economy, but will have sky club access with amex.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 11:03 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mctaste
So... what is the ideal.... zero people?
Old Jan 12, 2020, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
So next time you're on a ticket that actually includes SC access and the lounge agent denies you access, you'll be okay with it, right? After all, better that you're one less person using the lounge you paid for via your ticket.
WillBarrett_68 likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 11:22 am

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by defrosted
So... what is the ideal.... zero people?
A few years ago the Escape Lounge in MSP was always almost empty (or maybe I was travelling off-peak). I was concerned they were going to close, as I much prefer it to the Skyclubs. I was wishing for more people!

Recently, I've had to search for a seat during peak travel times.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 7:00 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Not for the club's revenue.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 9:20 pm

Minor entry

Can a minor (17 years old) departing on Delta One SEA>HND enter a SEA Sky Club? The Delta website does not list age restrictions for Delta One passengers but it does for Delta Sky Club Members.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 9:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by decerbod
Can a minor (17 years old) departing on Delta One SEA>HND enter a SEA Sky Club? The Delta website does not list age restrictions for Delta One passengers but it does for Delta Sky Club Members.
No the "house rules" applies to all guest, not just members. You must be at least 18+ to enter the SC alone or 21+ at clubs with self serve bars (which SEA does not have any). You could always try and see if they ask for ID for age verification, but be prepared to be denied access.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
No the "house rules" applies to all guest, not just members. You must be at least 18+ to enter the SC alone or 21+ at clubs with self serve bars (which SEA does not have any). You could always try and see if they ask for ID for age verification, but be prepared to be denied access.
thanks for clarifying
Old Jan 13, 2020, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
The self serve clubs are the only ones I've heard refuse entry to someone. While they can refuse anyone under 18, I've not seen or heard of it happening. Self serve clubs though have this issue semi-regularly with under 21. Main difference, under 21 in self serve club can get the lounge and agents in trouble. Person being under 18 in lounge with controlled access isn't an alcohol license/law issue.
decerbod likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 9:57 pm

Just a quick question on access as there is a lot of information on who can get in. We booked through Delta but will be on Aeromexico LAX to MEX in a Premier (I) seat. The way I read it we should have access to the Sky Club but since we are new to this I just want to make sure I am correct. Thank you
Old Apr 10, 2021, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I have four Reserve guest passes leftover from before I canceled the card last year. They're good until the middle of next year.

Can I use them to guest in a +1 if I'm using the Amex Platinum (charge card) for my access?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.