Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AirFrance Mini Fares - DL Medallion perks?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AirFrance Mini Fares - DL Medallion perks?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
I also forgot to report back. My wife and I did VCE-CDG-LIN on the mini fares.

We didn't check bags but we could have if we wanted.

We also had SkyPriority access, boarding, and access to the lounge.

We were able to reserve seats when we checked-in. Both times, we were in the row right behind "business" class. In fact, on the VCE-CDG flight, we had 3 seats for the two of us with the middle seat having that arm rest, so basically we had "business" class.

All in all, a very smooth flight and I did have red wine on both flights. Not too shabby.

I also had to request the mileage credit for one of the flights from DL. One flight was done on its own but not the other. That was weird.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 12:55 pm

Smile Delta Elite (silver) baggage allowance on MINI Fares?

Hi Everyone

I would like to know if AF Mini honors the one free bag for Delta Silver Medallion members. I see a lot of content for the Elite + folks (you go guys, I am aiming for that status!), but I need to know for us lowly Silver folks.

Thanks!!!
A
Old Aug 4, 2015, 2:48 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by travelista29
Hi Everyone

I would like to know if AF Mini honors the one free bag for Delta Silver Medallion members. I see a lot of content for the Elite + folks (you go guys, I am aiming for that status!), but I need to know for us lowly Silver folks.

Thanks!!!
A
Yes, it does.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by aufmatt
I was under the impression that I had booked a ticket AMS-CDG-DUB in booking class N & V. But during check-in, I noticed this funny "MiNi" logo in the top left corner of my boarding card. That means that there is NO mileage accrual, and worse, NO flights counted towards staying Platinum. I totally feel screwed over. Contacted Flying Blue to figure out where MiNi was indicated during the booking process (I am very sure it wasn't, as I always check the booking class and the ticket conditions of my 100+ flights a year). Didn't get a satisfying answer: "You are able to see the conditions at the time of the booking. The system will provide you with this information." Of course...
Well, not at the time of booking! It clearly indicated booking classes N and V on the ticket!

Anyway, my friends, stay away from the MiNi fares!
Do you have a receipt (or screen shot from the booking process) showing the original booking classes? If so, complain and escalate.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 10:06 pm

Programs: Now MGM/Hyatt/IHG Gold Previously: DL DM, DL Reserve, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLAT, M Life PLAT, IHG PLAT
Personal experience

you do get mileage as long as the booking class is shown on Delta that it earn miles with air France. You will earn 0 miles with flying Blue but I get mileage with Delta anyways because it's an eligible booking class.

You get full skyteam elite benifit. Typically you don't get lounge access for domestic flight but I believe that you're platinum or diamond and they have lounge you will be able to access.

You get 1 baggage with mini fare if you're skyteam elite plus. Not sure for silver. I have never travel on mini for being silver
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Felixishim
you do get mileage as long as the booking class is shown on Delta that it earn miles with air France. You will earn 0 miles with flying Blue but I get mileage with Delta anyways because it's an eligible booking class.

You get full skyteam elite benifit. Typically you don't get lounge access for domestic flight but I believe that you're platinum or diamond and they have lounge you will be able to access.

You get 1 baggage with mini fare if you're skyteam elite plus. Not sure for silver. I have never travel on mini for being silver
As mentioned on an earlier post, Silvers get a free bag (at least I do). There's no difference between Skyteam Elite and Elite+ when it comes to baggage allowance on AF.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 3:57 pm

I'm looking at booking a MiNi fare for February and called the AF US line and was quickly told that ST E+ gets 0 extra bags on MiNi fares. Posts here indicate otherwise, any more recent travel reports from FT'ers on this?
Old Jan 16, 2016, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by WhiskeyBravo
I'm looking at booking a MiNi fare for February and called the AF US line and was quickly told that ST E+ gets 0 extra bags on MiNi fares. Posts here indicate otherwise, any more recent travel reports from FT'ers on this?
AFAIK, nobody gets checked bags on mini fares.

I stick with the classic fares.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 5:01 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Flew MiNi fares in November and December - got one free bag + lounge access as a DM.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
Flew MiNi fares in November and December - got one free bag + lounge access as a DM.
Not as recent, but late 2014/early 2015 I flew on a mini fare and got a free bag. Didn't have time to try the lounge. Delta PM.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Flew DUB-CDG, and CDG-DUB in May 2015.

My CDG-DUB flight portion was shown on AirFrance's website as a MiNi fare, and the flight was operated by Air France CityJet. [DUB-CDG was not classified as a MiNi fare]

My checked bag was free as a Delta Gold, but my wife without status, was charged a baggage fee-- we both had the same record locator/reservation number.

It appears to be policy that AF will only grant a baggage fee waiver to the SkyTeam Elite Plus member, and not traveling companions flying on a MiNi fare.

Wanting to save money, since AF charges less if you pre-pay baggage online prior to flying, we prepaid my wife's bag to save 5 Euros by prepaying for my wife's checked bag.

Lounge access for both myself and my wife was granted at both DUB and CDG.

Last edited by Max M; Jan 18, 2016 at 11:09 am
Old Jan 19, 2016, 2:57 pm

I had multiple segments on mini fares last year. All of them allowed me to check one bag. The last one was CDG-DUS-CDG in December.

Originally Posted by rwoman
AFAIK, nobody gets checked bags on mini fares.

I stick with the classic fares.
Elites get an extra bag on mini fares. Perhaps you are mixing it up with the BA version of the mini fares, where no one gets checked bags

Originally Posted by Max M

It appears to be policy that AF will only grant a baggage fee waiver to the SkyTeam Elite Plus member, and not traveling companions flying on a MiNi fare.
There is no difference between Elite/Elite+ when it comes to baggage allowance on AFKL.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 10:46 am

Quick update, spoke with AF/KL check-in agent in HAM while checking in for another flight -- she answered w/o hesitation that I would get 1 free bag on a mini-fare as STE+. Will report back when I take it this Friday.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 2:20 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Flying as a DL DM on an AF mini-fare last week CDG-FCO. Got 1 free checked bag, and lounge access + guest as usual.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 2:05 am

looking good for tomorrow
at af.com I provided my DL number and on the next screen it already put me in Seat+ and showed I get 1 checked bag free!
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.