Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Transfer Starwood Preferred Guest, or SPG, Points to Delta Air Lines SkyMiles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer Starwood Preferred Guest, or SPG, Points to Delta Air Lines SkyMiles

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2006, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by pjammin
I'm using the miles for an international Biz ticket to fly to Europe to catch a cruise ship. Not sure why everyone is indicating the points are more valuable in the #wood account than using as Delta miles?? Please go easy on me, I'm new here and don't know all the "tricks" that you frequent travellers know. Most of my vacations abroad are either cruise related or visiting family so I rarely need them for hotel stays (I'm assuming that is why you're saying it's best to hang on to the points rather than transfer them).

Will the fact that I have the confirmation email etc. from *wood buy me extra time proving that the points are forthcoming? Guess I need to get an understanding Delta agent as it sounds like I'm sure going to need the extension. Thanks again for your responses.
I have transfered Starwood to airlines 20,000 to 25,000, when I needed more miles ... There is nothing wrong with it ... especially, when you are lucky to get a business class flight.
It took about 1 1/2 week before the miles posted.
Delta would hold the flight only 48 hours? If I am remember it correct, but I am not sure, Delta was holding a flight for me for 14 days ...
Good luck!
Old Jul 31, 2006, 5:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
2 day award hold thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=18562
Old Sep 21, 2007, 7:40 am

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
Poll: SPG Point Express Transfer To Skymiles Account?

Would paying a nominal fee to get SPG points transferred to DL miles on an expedited basis (say 2-3 days) make the SPG program more attractive to you?

For more detailed info...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...=699187&page=1
Old Sep 21, 2007, 7:50 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
The one time I transferred SPG points to DL (only 1 point to take advantage of a promo), it happened pretty quickly. I think it was overnight actually. So for DL in particular I wouldn't be willing to pay extra, but for some of the more obscure airlines, absolutely.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 3:11 pm

Programs: Family: DL PM, SMx2; Hilton Silver, SPG, Avis Preferred
I would expect that if SPG has a relationship/partner program with an airline, then the relative obscurity of the airline (as troyb mentioned) should not matter. I just did this (SPG points --> DL miles) and the tranfer was done almost immediately (less than a day). It actually caught me by surprise when I checked my skymiles balance that it was already there.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 3:59 pm

Programs: Delta DM (3 MM) ; Sky Club (Lifetime)
Really, why "pay" more for an electronic transfer of an electronic/virtual item?
Old Apr 4, 2008, 11:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
How Long for SPG Transfers to Post

Curious if anyone has much experience with SPG transfers. How long do they take to post to your DL account?
Old Apr 4, 2008, 11:43 am

Programs: DL, SPG (Gold)
Originally Posted by pbarnette
Curious if anyone has much experience with SPG transfers. How long do they take to post to your DL account?
Very quickly...

My most recent transfer/conversion of Starpoints to Delta SkyMiles posted to my Delta account the day after I requested it at SPG.com.

A.J.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
I guess it can vary. It took my transfer almost a week last time (last month).
Old Apr 6, 2008, 9:57 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/DM, *wood Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by pbarnette
also, don't transfer more than 32,767 skymiles (27,767 starpoints) into your account per day.. that's the maximum the system can handle. if you did more in a single day, you will need to call Delta/SPG.

On a side note, from personal experience transferring from SPG to delta is a poor deal; you can get much more value from redeeming for hotel nights.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 12:15 am
Suspended

Thanks all for the help.

And, yeah, I know that the transfer isn't the best deal, but I need a few thousand to top up an upgrade award.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 7:55 am

Programs: Delta Silver; 0.75MM: AA; Alaska; Southwest
Originally Posted by tkey75
I guess it can vary. It took my transfer almost a week last time (last month).
My transfer also took about one week.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 8:52 am

I have been tracking this pretty closely over the past few months and here is my learning:

1) Regardless of when you request it, the transfers show up in your SkyMiles account on Monday. I've made transfers on pretty much every day of the week and the transfers post on the following Monday in my SkyMiles account

2) DO NOT transfer more than once per day. Once I did three 25,000 transfers in one day and only one posted. I needed help from SPG to make the rest hit my account. They told me to at least wait 24 hours between transfers

Good luck
Old Apr 7, 2008, 9:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by happydad100
1) Regardless of when you request it, the transfers show up in your SkyMiles account on Monday. I've made transfers on pretty much every day of the week and the transfers post on the following Monday in my SkyMiles account
This makes perfect sense. I submitted the transfer last week and the miles posted today. Must be a batch job.

Thanks again for all the advice.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 9:43 am

Starwood to DL transfers...how quick?

I've heard everything from Sundays only to the 1st and the 15th of the month.

Any recent experiences?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.