FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transfer Starwood Preferred Guest, or SPG, Points to Delta Air Lines SkyMiles
Old Jul 28, 2006, 11:16 am
USAFAN

Originally Posted by pjammin
I'm using the miles for an international Biz ticket to fly to Europe to catch a cruise ship. Not sure why everyone is indicating the points are more valuable in the #wood account than using as Delta miles?? Please go easy on me, I'm new here and don't know all the "tricks" that you frequent travellers know. Most of my vacations abroad are either cruise related or visiting family so I rarely need them for hotel stays (I'm assuming that is why you're saying it's best to hang on to the points rather than transfer them).

Will the fact that I have the confirmation email etc. from *wood buy me extra time proving that the points are forthcoming? Guess I need to get an understanding Delta agent as it sounds like I'm sure going to need the extension. Thanks again for your responses.
I have transfered Starwood to airlines 20,000 to 25,000, when I needed more miles ... There is nothing wrong with it ... especially, when you are lucky to get a business class flight.
It took about 1 1/2 week before the miles posted.
Delta would hold the flight only 48 hours? If I am remember it correct, but I am not sure, Delta was holding a flight for me for 14 days ...
Good luck!