Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread

The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread

Old Nov 3, 18, 9:51 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
Originally Posted by Grevz View Post
I am currently platinum medallion and should qualify for diamond medallion within the next two weeks.

I have yet to select my choice benefits for platinum and I am unsure what happens once I qualify for diamond. Do you get the option of additional benefits once you have already selected the platinum benefits?

I canít seem to find any info on this. Would appreciate some guidance.
They don't take away your PM Choice when you become DM

The PM Choice and the three DM Choices can be selected independently and in any order.
Old Nov 4, 18, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Plat Prem, Hertz PC, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by travelingwilbury View Post
NYC-based FO for two years in a row.

Looks like I'll be $241 short of Gold after holiday travels. Paid up to C+ on some upcoming transcons, and am not ready to take the $900 plunge on D1 FCM.

Is a quick day trip to BOS/DCA my best bet?
Or RDU which is lovely in fall. Just pick a city you want to see that costs $250, it'll be fun!
Old Nov 4, 18, 11:39 am
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
Or RDU which is lovely in fall. Just pick a city you want to see that costs $250, it'll be fun!
Should make sure base fare is at least $241 (which works out to about $290 total with taxes on a domestic roundtrip on non-stop flights).
Old Nov 4, 18, 11:42 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold; Ex UA 1K & AA EXP
Originally Posted by Grevz View Post

I am currently platinum medallion and should qualify for diamond medallion within the next two weeks.

I have yet to select my choice benefits for platinum and I am unsure what happens once I qualify for diamond. Do you get the option of additional benefits once you have already selected the platinum benefits?

I canít seem to find any info on this. Would appreciate some guidance.
I'm in the same boat that I should qualify for DM shortly. I had already chosen the 4 RUC's for my PM benefit.

I'm debating what to choose for my Choice Benefits. It seems the GUC's are the most valuable (and I can almost certainly use 2, although I'm not sure about the remaining 2), so I'm debating between 2 GUC and 4 RUC's or 4 GUC's. My experience using RUC's has not been stellar, and it seems GUC's are pretty tough as well, so taking 4 may not be worthwhile.

For the second and third choices, I'm likely going to gift my wife Gold (she flies 4- 8 times/ year) and take the 25,000 miles, as I get club access through my DL Reserve card. Anyone have any other strategies that make more sense?