FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:42 am
MarkP24

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Grevz

I am currently platinum medallion and should qualify for diamond medallion within the next two weeks.

I have yet to select my choice benefits for platinum and I am unsure what happens once I qualify for diamond. Do you get the option of additional benefits once you have already selected the platinum benefits?

I can’t seem to find any info on this. Would appreciate some guidance.
I'm in the same boat that I should qualify for DM shortly. I had already chosen the 4 RUC's for my PM benefit.

I'm debating what to choose for my Choice Benefits. It seems the GUC's are the most valuable (and I can almost certainly use 2, although I'm not sure about the remaining 2), so I'm debating between 2 GUC and 4 RUC's or 4 GUC's. My experience using RUC's has not been stellar, and it seems GUC's are pretty tough as well, so taking 4 may not be worthwhile.

For the second and third choices, I'm likely going to gift my wife Gold (she flies 4- 8 times/ year) and take the 25,000 miles, as I get club access through my DL Reserve card. Anyone have any other strategies that make more sense?