FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:28 pm
Pocatello

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Unobtainium, Delta Diamond
From Delta website:

See How Much You’ll Earn

Any eligible flight that is not Delta-marketed will earn miles according to these partner airline rules. For certain partners, earn will be determined based on marketing and ticketing carrier. Not sure what Delta-marketed means?

How do I know if a flight is marketed, operated, or ticketed by Delta or a partner?

The marketing carrier is determined by the two letter airline code in the flight number. For example, DL2368 is marketed by Delta and VS18 is marketed by Virgin Atlantic.
  • Delta-ticketed flights feature ticket numbers that begin with “006”. Any flight purchased through delta.com is ticketed by Delta. Other airlines have their own unique ticket numbers. For example, Virgin Atlantic-ticket flights feature ticket numbers that begin with “932.”
  • The operating carrier for a flight indicates which airline flies the plane. For example, a Virgin Atlantic-operated flight means the flight will be on Virgin Atlantic aircraft.
Travel to or from Cuba on flights operated by partner airlines is not eligible to earn miles.
Delta

I am new to all of this. The partner earning stuff is just not sinking in. I have never purchased a partner flight.

If I purchase directly from KL or AF or AM or MU I should be good? But sometimes not? What if the AF marketed flight is on DL metal?

I want to maximize the earnings of MQD and MQM. Flying with the partners seems to be the best way to earn.

Is there a cheat sheet to earning the best / fastest? What to avoid?

​​​​​​​Thanks!