Wiki Posts
Search

Delta.com overhaul

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2012, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by YtravelF
I had a great medallion agent today. I had a flight that hadn't been upgrade requested, but was showing upgrade available 3 days out. It was DL connection flight on a CRJ7. I called to confirm the upgrade. The agent told me that DL did not do upgrades on connection partner goJet airlines. I asked if she could check, because it showing Upgrade Available online, operated by a CR7, and was within the medallion window. She then put me on hold for 5 minutes and came back to tell me that I was wrong and DL did not give upgrades on that flight.

However, while I was on hold, I discovered a new function of DL.com (or at least new for me)
I was able to confirm my own upgrade! By the time she got back to me to let me know I was not eligible for an upgrade, I had already done it myself. I'm not sure if this should make me happy or sad (IT success vs personnel failure), but there you have it.
What did she say after you pointed out that the impossible had already been accomplished?

Remember, it is a harried time of the year for those folks.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 5:27 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Lifetime Silver, Delta MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Lifetime Hilton Honors Diamond
The flight is the first leg this coming Sunday so I'm a long way from checking in. From past experience the last month or so I should be able to change tomorrow
Old Dec 31, 2012, 7:13 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Lifetime Silver, Delta MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Lifetime Hilton Honors Diamond
I'm starting to think it is all a diversion. It is completely unbelievable that such a large international company would be so incompetent as to release a website this poorly tested. They are obviously hoping it removes our attention from FCM,

The people behind this website (including the award calendar) are so worthless they actually make the USA Congress look competent. When is enough, enough?

Last edited by Jump; Dec 31, 2012 at 8:04 pm
Old Dec 31, 2012, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM (NW+DL) FI Gold
Originally Posted by Howste
Click on the card you want to remove and another screen will appear with a "Remove Card" button.
Just a note to say "thanks".

I guess the solution to my problem was there all along, but when I clicked on the card image, it gave me 2 options; "edit card" in bold white, and "delete" in grey.

I really think I'm guilty of not reading the page, just assuming that a delete option would be under edit; not even looking at the darkened option and what it said, which was what I wanted.

I just jumped on the whited option to edit the card, which did not deal with my problem....lesson learned.

Thanks again, and Happy New Year!
Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:48 am

Programs: DM, KM,
"Session Expired"

Anyone else having trouble with this again? I had trouble with login early in Dec, it seemed to be fixed for a while. For the past three days, I am in an endless loop of login, input password, "session expired", login at the bottom, directed back to home page where I input everything again and on and on. Called in to report, reported by @deltaassist, reported by email. The service rep on the phone said, that issue was fixed on Dec 6, shouldn't be happening again.

With many different flights for several people from all over the country to make for an upcoming wedding, I'm a little more than peeved.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 5:44 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Miniflyer
Anyone else having trouble with this again? I had trouble with login early in Dec, it seemed to be fixed for a while. For the past three days, I am in an endless loop of login, input password, "session expired", login at the bottom, directed back to home page where I input everything again and on and on. Called in to report, reported by @deltaassist, reported by email. The service rep on the phone said, that issue was fixed on Dec 6, shouldn't be happening again.

With many different flights for several people from all over the country to make for an upcoming wedding, I'm a little more than peeved.
Not sure if this is the issue, but the same thing happens to me on an iPad if I login at the bottom login prompt.

However, if I click on the DELTA logo at the top, redirecting to a top login prompt, and enter my information there, everything looks good.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 6:12 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M

Since it works for most, I would try another browser.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE

The login at the bottom of the page always causes me trouble. I've decided to never use it. Instead I'll just go back to the home page and log in every time.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 7:43 pm

Programs: OnePass Infinite CO MM, PC Charter Lifer SkyMiles GM, MileagePlus
Horrible horrible horrible

I hoped like several others that when this absolutely horrible

new version of Dulta Dot Com replaced a working site that

it would get at least somewhat improved (how foolish)

The extremely slow & frustrating sequences of pages

are primarily caused by the incredible addition of vast

arrays of advertising & extra graphics & there seems to

be no way to work around all the many paces they require

us to leap through to accomplish even simple tasks

I guess there is great financial benefit to them to show

us every model of rental car & every hotel front door

If anyone can offer help I will be very grateful
Old Jan 2, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I spoke too soon. The "add to calendar" functionality for Google Calendar has switched back to including all the stupid codes (e.g. bolding the unimportant stuff like the word "To").
Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Anyone have the problem that when they log in they have to Create Security Questions every single time? Quite annoying after a while...
Old Jan 2, 2013, 4:30 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
Here's a new one:

I can no longer search on ANYTHING! Doesn't matter whether I'm logged in or not. This is what I get:

Error Unable to process your request

We are unable to continue with your booking for one of the following reasons:

- Use of multiple browser windows/tabs
- Too much time has elapsed since your previous entries
- Use of your browser's back/forward buttons
- A bookmarked page has expired

No, I don't want to use another browser or clear my cookies or do anything that I don't have to do with the many many other websites I use in order to do business. I've tried to steer clear of the hyperbole, but this really is the worst roll-out ever. A complete mess.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 12:33 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExP
Since I haven't been traveling for the last 2 months ... I haven't really bothered to log into the new Delta site ... well today I did to check on my roll over miles, etc.. (those posted).

All I have to say is the site is horrendous .. what functionality the prior site had along with it's issues was many times better compared to what it has become. It's like they had a 9 year old design the sites look and feel and the content that is being displayed and how it is displayed.

ughhhh.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 1:05 am

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Defiantly seems a big fail on this one from DL. Though i wont site congress as someone earlier did, it's really not that hard done correctly to have a functioning website.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
'My Trips' is broken again... can't pull up any of my booked flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.