Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta.com overhaul

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2012, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
The website is still horrible trying to get to load while on gogo or even in some Skyclubs. Takes forever or just doesn't load the page properly if you don't have a high speed stable network link.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 6:05 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by rylan
The website is still horrible trying to get to load while on gogo or even in some Skyclubs.
Agree. Tried to book a few flights last Saturday using gogo and in the SC, with no luck. Had to actually call to buy the tix.....
Old Dec 5, 2012, 6:42 am

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by rylan
The website is still horrible trying to get to load while on gogo or even in some Skyclubs. Takes forever or just doesn't load the page properly if you don't have a high speed stable network link.
Don't you love the feature in which you hold the cursor over a continent name and an orb appears to announce , "Europe 0 Delta SkyClub Locations", "Africa 0 Delta SkyClub Locations", "Asia Pacific 3 Delta SkyClub Locations", and the like. You have to click on the orb before it tells you of the codeshare lounges available in that continent! Who thought of this?
Old Dec 5, 2012, 8:06 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by orca15
New FT game...move the DM who logged in before you (at the hotel computer) into a middle seat in row 32.
How about trying canceling the trip? Wouldn't that generate another few pages on the FT Forums...
Old Dec 5, 2012, 8:39 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
Apologies in advance for a double posting (Bug Official Master Thread) as I am not sure which thread would get more current views...

For the past week or so, using both IE and Mozilla, after launching delta.com, the home page displays for about 15 seconds, then a page appears asking me to confirm my language preference. Clicking US/English does not cause the page to disappear (appears not to register the click...Error On Page message), the home page is visible underneath this "preference" page, but is not accessible.

I had the site bookmarked in IE and thought it may be no longer active...but even typing www.delta.com as the URL causes the same result.

Anyone else having similar problems, or, thoughts on how to resolve the issue?
Old Dec 5, 2012, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Checking on TATL prices, I got a list of outgoing flights; most had Business for around $3K, one had it for around $2K. I selected that to see what returns were available.

.dumb showed me outgoing flights without prices; I selected the one I'd selected before, and it showed me return flights without prices. I selected my favorite there, and the ticket priced at $11K.

I reported this to Delta, and their response was idiotic boilerplate about phoning them to purchase tickets, nothing about fixing their web shite.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 10:17 am

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Amazing, 4 years since the merger and Delta.com is still royally messed -up.

Sure would be nice to have functional IT, like NORTHWEST.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:09 am
Taz

Programs: DL PM
Couldn't print boarding passes this morning using the print function within the web site. Checked in just fine, passes displayed ok, but would not print. After about 15 minutes of fussing, I used the "file print" function in the browser to create PDF's and then printed the PDF's. Minor, but still a pain.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The new website contains a broken link that I don't recall being mention before: on the What's New page, hovering on "Traveling With Us" and then clicking on "Keep Climbing" results in a Page Not Found error.

I guess Delta has hit cruising altitude and thus has stopped climbing.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 12:05 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
27 emails... 27 emails updating my skymiles account without a single change since November 10, 2012.
12 or more times (so far) that the website deleted my secure flight information, and 8 or more times that it moved my known traveler number to the redress field.
2 times (or more) I was not screened for TSA pre because TSA did not receive my known traveler info.
One unhappy client.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by hazelrah
Amazing, 4 years since the merger and Delta.com is still royally messed -up.

Sure would be nice to have functional IT, like NORTHWEST.
Tell that to Dr. Theresa Wise, ex-NW CIO and current DL CIO.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 5:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, CRC; Hilton and Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nycatl
Apologies in advance for a double posting (Bug Official Master Thread) as I am not sure which thread would get more current views...

For the past week or so, using both IE and Mozilla, after launching delta.com, the home page displays for about 15 seconds, then a page appears asking me to confirm my language preference. Clicking US/English does not cause the page to disappear (appears not to register the click...Error On Page message), the home page is visible underneath this "preference" page, but is not accessible.

I had the site bookmarked in IE and thought it may be no longer active...but even typing www.delta.com as the URL causes the same result.

Anyone else having similar problems, or, thoughts on how to resolve the issue?
I had this problem and accidentally realized that if you simply click off the preferences page (usually just far to the right or left), that page goes away and you can log in. Of course, there is no note on there saying you can do that -- and I don't know if it will work for you.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by javabytes
No, tell that to the Executive in charge of the website: Bob Kupbens, Vice President, Marketing & Digital Commerce at Delta Air Lines. If Bob can travel around the country and take credit at conferences for all of Delta's success in the eCommerce world, perhaps he can stop by FlyerTalk to see that not everyone shares the idea of Delta having successful website.

Dr. Wise is in charge of overall IT systems (Technology), but the website has been under Bob's control (Marketing) for a few years now.

Bob made a great presentation to us a few years ago at the Delta Do, but since he has deactivated his twitter account and failed to deliver on the promises made then.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
This is what poor project management/oversight and lowest bidder outsourced webdesign gets you.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by javabytes
Actually it should go to Richard & the bean counters. Had Delta originally stuck with their plan to adopt NWA's WorldSpan system & AOP (Airport Of Preference) technology, along with the back systems - we wouldn't be having these type of arguments. Northwest's technology was superior in a majority of aspects and everyone knew that. However the cost of implementing the NWA system over the various Deltamatic operations was deemed too expensive once the details were laid out. So here we are...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.