Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Ticket/Impossible Connection

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2012, 3:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Uncle Lars
Well, I called Delta - they recognize connection (sold by their own website) as illegal but "supervisor" refuse to change the flight without repricing (another 32,500 miles). Should I just wait a while, or do I have any other remedies I may be able to invoke? Might an email work?
Call again and hope to talk with a different supervisor.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Call again and hope to talk with a different supervisor.
This is one of those situations where @DeltaAssist and Twitter are invaluable. "Hi on PNR xxx, the itin violates the xx min MCT in GEG. Can you pls switch me (us) from DL123/456 to DL789?" (If this was more than 40 characters, split into two).

I find that "talking" sometimes gets in the way. DM'ing is so much more effective.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 4:59 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Well, I called Delta - they recognize connection (sold by their own website) as illegal but "supervisor" refuse to change the flight without repricing (another 32,500 miles). Should I just wait a while, or do I have any other remedies I may be able to invoke? Might an email work?
Yes, try e-mailing them. Depending on the person you get you may get someone very helpful at IRRRES or IXXRES who will get it changed and fixed for you and send you the new ticket and say that it's done, or someone who couldn't care less and just tells you flat out no (even though the connection is illegal), like you got on the phone. There is no consistency at all in DL service by phone or e-mail, it all depends on your luck whom you get.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM and 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RealHJ
Yes, try e-mailing them. Depending on the person you get you may get someone very helpful at IRRRES or IXXRES who will get it changed and fixed for you and send you the new ticket and say that it's done, or someone who couldn't care less and just tells you flat out no (even though the connection is illegal), like you got on the phone. There is no consistency at all in DL service by phone or e-mail, it all depends on your luck whom you get.
Wow, @deltaAssist changed the flight to a nonstop SEA-SLC that evening immediately and without hassle based on a 40-character Tweet. Amazing. Impressive. And didn't ask if I needed a hotel or AMEX Card. Thanks for the advice.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
There ya go. DL Assist wins again. Just hope they remain to be as helpful and able to fix things as they've been so far.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
But the issue of great inconsistency is still present. It all depends on whom you get on the phone, whom it's escalated to, or whom you get by e-mail or @DeltaAssist. The right person will help you. The wrong person will just dismiss your issue. Lack of consistency is a real issue here, IMO.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:26 am

Wow, @deltaAssist changed the flight to a nonstop SEA-SLC that evening immediately and without hassle based on a 40-character Tweet. Amazing. Impressive. And didn't ask if I needed a hotel or AMEX Card. Thanks for the advice.
Congratulations, glad it worked!

They really are the best. And, FWIW, I've never found them inconsistent -- They're all phenominal. About the one thing DL gets right. Let's hope it stay that way.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA, Delta Kryptonium (DM) Hyatt Diamond IHG Fake Plat (Ambassador), HH Gold
Here's another data point.

Just had the same thing happen on my upcoming award travel DTW-ICN-DPS. KE showed it as a 40 min connection in ICN, although Delta showed as 1:40.

Called the Medallion line got the wrong answer. (They told me 40 min in ICN was legal.)

Called back, had an agent send me to the Intl desk, they took care of it.

If at first you don't succeed....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.