Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Is it just me or did some award levels recently change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it just me or did some award levels recently change?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:50 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Gold, United, American, Korean Air, Asiana
I just read in another website that Delta's Skymiles program is about to undergo massive (not positive) changes.

Any more intel on this "rumor"?
Old Sep 7, 2012, 6:51 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by welmwood
I just read in another website that Delta's Skymiles program is about to undergo massive (not positive) changes.

We haven't heard anything around here.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by james318
Yep, we got nothin.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by welmwood

Originally Posted by james318
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Yep, we got nothin.
OP... I hope you didn't fall on your behind when you got your legs pulled.

Try here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...=revenue+based

Nothing confirmed, but there is a faint odor of frequent flyer program decay in the air.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
That's the big difference between the original NW and DL mindsets. I stuck with NW through thick and thin because they treated me right. Not the best planes, not the best FAs, but as a top tier elite they took care of you.

DL bean counters came in and decided that they could turn everything into a revenue stream. They looked at some stats, and decided that giving free changes to top tier members was costing them tens or hundreds of millions in change fees........

Almost every bad change that's happened in the last 4-5 years has been sprung on us. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
I agree with all of these points. Frankly, it's analogous to a codependent relationship - I live in "fear" of the next time Delta gets mad at me for "gaming them (how dare I seek maximum value for my dollars spent on air travel) and decides to take another "vicious swipe" at me (metaphorically speaking). At least I've learned to play the field more with airlines. And I burned a lot of miles before things got really bad.

Delta is soooo disrespectful to their customers by rolling out devaluations like this without warning. But they don't care.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
That's the big difference between the original NW and DL mindsets. I stuck with NW through thick and thin because they treated me right. Not the best planes, not the best FAs, but as a top tier elite they took care of you.

DL bean counters came in and decided that they could turn everything into a revenue stream. They looked at some stats, and decided that giving free changes to top tier members was costing them tens or hundreds of millions in change fees.

I know in my case, as a plat, I canceled a bunch of awards because of the NW promotion that gave you a bunch of points for each award trip you booked. Yes, I gamed the system to get 50k miles. I booked and canceled every award online, and canceled way in advance, so no seats were lost.

Almost every bad change that's happened in the last 4-5 years has been sprung on us. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Luckily I got rid of 90% of my miles. I still have 300k, I keep trying to use at low levels. It's just not easy.
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.