Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gate Agent Shenanigans

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2012, 7:16 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Do or do not the bulkhead seats become available for passengers to select at a certain point prior to boarding?

The answer is yes.
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Do or do not the bulkhead seats become available for passengers to select at a certain point prior to boarding?

The answer is yes.
When the OP first asked, the seats had not yet been released.

When the GA decided to release, they could have had many verbal requests for seats to worry about. Family asking to sit together, pax asking to get out of rear middle hell, pax asking ...

There is no prioritized wait list for this. The GA just makes do. I seriously doubt ther are any rules.

As to "what was right", note that the orriginal GA action would have worked out better (with the redcoat override, some other deserving pax got sent to the back).

The GA has to worry about what is right for all, with many unkowns.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 7:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, USLess air & HHoners
Originally Posted by sushi lover
All this for a flight that is about 1 hour long?
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Quite the life achievement. It's a 322 mile flight and you got a seat that is an inch wider and maybe a beverage worth 1.25. Fight on, my friend. Your valor and courage is amazing.
Some battles are worth fighting, but for a one hour flight... Come on... this whole thread had me in stitches....
Old Aug 5, 2012, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by localady
Some battles are worth fighting, but for a one hour flight... Come on... this whole thread had me in stitches....
Had you in stitches? Your easily amused.

Most of my flights are 1-2 hour flights so with this attitude, I should just not worry about the benefits and perks my loyalty to Delta is supposed to give me?

Not trying to turn this thread political and I know it's a bit of a stretch as far as comparisons go, but it's this attitude (it's just an hour, it's just a seat, etc) is why we in America are slowly losing our basic rights. We have become too complacent and accepting the little by little of our rights being eroded.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA, WN & many Hotels... avoids UA like the plague!
Originally Posted by rob0225
Your string of assumptions are just that....assumptions and hold no bearing.
You are correct the assumptions hold no bearing if you actually know from talking with the GA, the FA, seeing the spil or talking to the passengers that none of them were SM status, high fare class, in special needs or something else than what was stated, otherwise assumptions invite other assumptions particular it seems when sheena is mentioned.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 10:57 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Some battles are worth fighting, but for a one hour flight... Come on...
My 28 minute ATL-BNA ended up being nearly two hours in my seat last week.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 7:11 am

Finally, as the flight is boarding they still haven't cleared the final seat in first> I suspect she knew I was #1 on upgrade list and she had no intention of upgrading me until I asked her when she plans on clearing the final seat. She does and I board.
Next time ask for the Station Manager as well as involve the Red Coat.

Edited to remove comment about contacting DL. You raised an issue, and it was resolved at the local level.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 7:43 am
Suspended

FAs Rule

Bad mistake. GA are in charge. You have learned that now. Move on.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 7:53 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Platinum (Life), Emirates Gold,GHA Black
Originally Posted by yessams
Sounds like a DYKWIA to me!
^^^ This!
Old Aug 6, 2012, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Just stumbled on this thread while on the "john" this morning, which somehow seems entirely appropriate.

Seriously, I can believe all the love for DL and Sheena here. OP was absolutely correct. So this was only ATL-SDF. Next time that GA will be working ATL-SEA or ATL-SFO. Calling a Red Coat and embarrassing the GA will pretty much end that GA's rogue tendencies.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:58 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Quite the life achievement. It's a 322 mile flight and you got a seat that is an inch wider and maybe a beverage worth 1.25. Fight on, my friend. Your valor and courage is amazing.
So you don't think people should expect to receive that to which they are entitled?

Yes, that's right I said it, he was entitled to the UG under DL's rules. He was #1 on the list and the seat was available.

Not everyone who fights mistreatment is a DYKWIA. Learn the difference; people might start to respect you.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 10:02 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Had you in stitches? Your easily amused.

Most of my flights are 1-2 hour flights so with this attitude, I should just not worry about the benefits and perks my loyalty to Delta is supposed to give me?

Not trying to turn this thread political and I know it's a bit of a stretch as far as comparisons go, but it's this attitude (it's just an hour, it's just a seat, etc) is why we in America are slowly losing our basic rights. We have become too complacent and accepting the little by little of our rights being eroded.
It's not a stretch at all. Americans take way too much crap from corporations and from the government.

Ignore these people trying to berate you. You were 100% in the right. Let others accept getting screwed if they don't mind. You know the rules and you're only asking for what you're entitled to. I commend you.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit
Bad mistake. GA are in charge. You have learned that now. Move on.
Isn't the Station Manager the ultimate authority?
Old Aug 8, 2012, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by mudpuppy
Somewhat off topic, but did you consider taking the Groome shuttle from Columbus instead of driving? Just curious since I haven't had to use them yet, but I may need to in the future if one of my CSG-ATL flights gets cancelled.

And along those lines, how often in your experience has CSG-ATL been cancelled? Happened to my girlfriend once but hasn't yet to me (I live in MI and fly to CSG to visit her).
Groome transportation is great. I use to take them from ATL to Dalton before I started flying into CHA which is 20 minute flight rather than 2 hours by car.

If DL cancelled your flight, they should have been responsible for getting you to ATL to make your connecting flight. Did they offer or did you prefer to drive versus a shuttle? I frequently fly the ATL-CHA route and those CR2's are consistently delayed due to Mech issues and Delta has a shuttle van on standby during airport hours to ensure pax who need to get to ATL are put on the shuttle. Happened to me just a few weeks ago when half the flights CHA-ATL were cancelled (usually it's the same metal running back and forth CHA-ATL-CHA hourly).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.