Wiki Posts
Search

Ben Edelman site down?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2011, 4:01 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit
Hello Ben:

I see you site and thanks. Will you please change the "Data is . . . to "Data are . . . The word data is plural and thus needs "are" not "is." Thanks,
'Data' is correctly used as an uncountable noun taking a singular verb now, unless the specific context would allow 'datum is' to also make sense.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 9:50 am

Programs: DL DM & 1MM, AA, BA, National Emerald
Any update on the cwsi.net seat site and Ben Edelman's site? I have tried on both and can't get it to work. Yes, I am logged into my Dl.com.

Is there a place on DL.com to check seat capacity now?

I have used these a lot in past to see if I will have an open seat next to me, etc. before I check in.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 10:01 am

I was able to use http://cwsi.net/seats/dl

If you want me to test a specific flight/city pair let me know. I used Firefox and opened a new tab and logged on to DL first.

Originally Posted by gatechange
Any update on the cwsi.net seat site and Ben Edelman's site? I have tried on both and can't get it to work. Yes, I am logged into my Dl.com.

Is there a place on DL.com to check seat capacity now?

I have used these a lot in past to see if I will have an open seat next to me, etc. before I check in.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 10:09 am

Location: Minneapolis, formerly the shores of Lake Minnetonka
Programs: DL PM (and KM)
I just used both and they are both working fine. I'm using Google Chrome and am logged into Delta.com page in another tab.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 10:11 am

My apologies for the ongoing difficulties. I've tried to find a solution but have not managed to do so.

As Ebes1099 notes, it can be helpful to log into the Delta site first (or in another tab), then try my tool. That often fixes the problem.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL DM & 1MM, AA, BA, National Emerald
Originally Posted by bedelman
My apologies for the ongoing difficulties. I've tried to find a solution but have not managed to do so.

As Ebes1099 notes, it can be helpful to log into the Delta site first (or in another tab), then try my tool. That often fixes the problem.
No problem... I just wish DL.com would know that you HELP them not hurt them by what you do!
Old Jun 25, 2012, 7:01 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
Ben Edelman site down?

Anybody noticed any issue? I just tried to check it but all I have got has been a downloaded 27 bytes file downlaoaded (which I have deleted right away) and a blank page (I'm using Chrome)

Pella
Old Jun 25, 2012, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Same. Everything else on his site seems to be working, but not the DL seat maps.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 7:39 am

Programs: Skyteam
What is this site you guys are talking about?
Old Jun 25, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
www.benedelman.org/travel

Same issue here
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:32 am

Same here. I love this tool, so hope Ben can bring it back!
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Has anyone tried to contact him via PM or on MP?
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:58 pm

Hi, folks. I'm here & reading this thread, and I know about the issue. It actually affects several parts of my site, not just this page. But I just established a quick workaround for the Delta seatmap tool. Please let me know if you have any other problems. My apologies for the interruption.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL 1.3MM GM , Marriott-Platinum Premier+Lifetime , Hilton-Blue, Nat'l-Emerald Club Executive Elite
I seems to work now.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 2:05 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by bedelman
Hi, folks. I'm here & reading this thread, and I know about the issue. It actually affects several parts of my site, not just this page. But I just established a quick workaround for the Delta seatmap tool. Please let me know if you have any other problems. My apologies for the interruption.
Thanks so much for maintaining the Delta seatmap page/site...that page has become indispensable for many of us who fly Delta regularly! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.