Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Beverages in first class

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2012, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Question Beverages in first class

I've already learned through FT that although we are listed as being in BE on our JFK-SJU flight in November, what we can really expect is domestic FC service. That being said, I was wondering if someone might be able to answer my probably stupid question: Is champagne typically available as a beverage choice? I know that you can get champagne on true BE flights, but have no idea if that is likely to be an option on our JFK-SJU flight. I would rather get an idea of the possibility of champagne being available here on FT than ask on our flight and be embarassed when the FA says no.

Thanks!
Old Jun 13, 2012, 6:23 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by NotAFreqFlyer
I've already learned through FT that although we are listed as being in BE on our JFK-SJU flight in November, what we can really expect is domestic FC service. That being said, I was wondering if someone might be able to answer my probably stupid question: Is champagne typically available as a beverage choice? I know that you can get champagne on true BE flights, but have no idea if that is likely to be an option on our JFK-SJU flight. I would rather get an idea of the possibility of champagne being available here on FT than ask on our flight and be embarassed when the FA says no.

Thanks!
It used to be, but I do not believe it is anymore
Old Jun 13, 2012, 6:35 am

Programs: UAL Platinum, Amex Plat, Kimpton Inner Circle
It's no longer served on domestic service.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 7:04 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifetime
No can get!!
Old Jun 13, 2012, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First

Thanks!
Lol no not anymore.

My advice is to bring your expectations waaaay down. Think Coach with a slighty bigger seat (depending on the AC only 1 or 2 inches) and you will not be disappointed. If you think "luxury" of any sort you will be very upset.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 8:12 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
It is possible that champagne is available even though it's a domestic flight. In any case, there is absolutely no embarrassment in asking. The worst they can say is "no".
Old Jun 13, 2012, 8:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Kwaj boy
It is possible that champagne is available even though it's a domestic flight. In any case, there is absolutely no embarrassment in asking. The worst they can say is "no".
Moreover, they should be embarrassed because champagne is no longer offered but it is on some airlines.

Note also that even in true BE, sometimes the offering is just sparkling wine and not real French champagne officially from the Champagne area of France.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 8:21 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
You are correct, but many people just use the generic "champagne" to refer to any sparkling wine.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 8:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You are correct, but many people just use the generic "champagne" to refer to any sparkling wine.
True, but FAs working in BE should know the difference and use the words correctly.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 8:26 am

This calls for a link to one of the all time best FT threads on Champagne.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-bkk-sq-f.html
Old Jun 13, 2012, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
I've already learned through FT that although we are listed as being in BE on our JFK-SJU flight in November, what we can really expect is domestic FC service. Is champagne typically available as a beverage choice? I know that you can get champagne on true BE flights, but have no idea if that is likely to be an option on our JFK-SJU flight. I would rather get an idea of the possibility of champagne being available here on FT than ask on our flight and be embarassed when the FA says no. Thanks!
I think you may be still able going to HNL, but SJU no way.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 9:49 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Pre-departure champagne (perhaps it was generic sparkling wine; I didn't get a good look at the bottle) was offered on my ATL-SXM flight in March. Once that bottle or two was gone, however, they were out.

On the return flight about a week later, I asked the flight attendant, and he managed to dig up a bottle. No one else was drinking champagne, so I finished it myself over the course of the flight.

I can't recall my last flight to SJU, but I'd think (hope?) that the service would be similar to that offered to SXM. (Which is to say, domestic first plus champagne.)
Old Jun 13, 2012, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the info. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what they happen to have onboard for our flight. Hope for the best but expect the worst, I suppose.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:20 am

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Today I was flying from DTW-MKE made me a "fake Mimosa" as a birthday surprise- Vodka, OJ and Fresca. It was very good actually! Closest to champagne you can get on that route
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Moreover, they should be embarrassed because champagne is no longer offered but it is on some airlines.

Note also that even in true BE, sometimes the offering is just sparkling wine and not real French champagne officially from the Champagne area of France.
When was the last time you flew BE

Jacquart is most definitely Champagne.
http://www.champagne-jacquart.com/en

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.